36

As the minutes of the lesson passed, the ceaseless buzzing of the classroom and the unlimited amount of energy the students contained increased, the teacher was still not here as the bell has already gone.

It was weird of Mr Harrison to be late for class, he was always the first, sitting on his little desk ready for a lesson. Oh well

I turn around and check to see if Ander and Guzman have arrived; No sign of them.

Ander told me that he was gonna meet up with Guz at the cafeteria, but I'm not sure what's taking them so long.

"Hii" Marina comes and sits down next to me out of nowhere. A small smirk placed on her face as she hands me my morning coffee

"Well hello to you" I smile up at her as I turn my chair towards her

"Hey did you call me yesterday? I'm sorry I couldn't answer, did anything happen?" she bit her lips as she leaned on the table, looking at me with worry

"Nah, just an old man sexually assaulted me and spit on my face" I confess in a jokingly way, hoping she doesn't actually sense that I'm actually kind of hurt.

"What?" A familiar voice talked in front of me.
I feel the colour of my face slowly drain away from me. I look at Marina who was staring at me with wide eyes as I then turned to face a flushed Ander

"What do you mean an old man assaulted you?" His expression hardened as he growled, as he now placed his hands on my desk as he studied my face.

"No no it was a joke Ander" I nervously say, hoping he'll just let it go or else this will get ugly.

"What joke Isabella?" He snapped as he called me by my full, formal name. His turned his face away from me, not able to meet my eyes.

"Look, i-" I start to explain as he cuts me off

"Why didn't you tell me?!" He argued, pointing an accusing finger at me as he leaned on my desk, our faces a few centimeters apart..

We stare at each other in both frustration and Anger before Mr's Harrisons voice echoes through the class

"Okay class sit down!" He yells, as all of us immediately sit down, shut our mouths and look at him straight in the eyes.

"Good. That's better" He smirks as he grabs his marker and starts writing the chapter of today's lesson.

————— lunch break—————

"Why didn't you tell him anyways?" Marina asks me as we sat alone in the cafeteria, Ander's table a few feet away from us.

"Because I didn't want him to worry! And he also has a lot in his own plate right now, I don't wanna drown him with my problems as well" I confess as I shake my head and take a bite of my chicken wrap.

"And fuck, where the hell where you?" She worried as she gazed at me and her food

"At work" I let out a sigh

"What about you? are you still leaving on Friday or?" I ask her hoping she'll say no as I don't know how I'll spend my summer without her.

"Actually I'm leaving on Sunday, so we have a few extra days together" She grinned happily.

If she was happy then of course I should be happy as well, I can't let my own selfishness destroy her happiness.

I forced a small smile form on my lips as i nod my head

"And for how long?" I question her again, as i swallow the lump in my throat.

"Like for a month probably, we're not sure yet" She explains as she looks around the cafeteria.