Who Cares About Death

There was a new apparition in the school, one Kou was currently taking care of, very rudely might I add. It was a big brawl, mostly because of Kou ruining the classroom. Hanako was beside him fighting, not really caring about the classroom's condition to be honest and the apparition itself was telling the students each other's secrets.

It was ruining lives frankly. Mid-brawl, the apparition dodges to the left, so Hanako went and slashed to the left, while Kou was protecting  his back . But here's Kou not being experienced with his staff, so he accidentally shot both of them with lightening, and the result was almost decent. Almost. The apparition had vanished and Hanako slumped to the side, but managed to catch himself on the side of a desk.

"Ah....AH HANAKO IM SO SORRY!" Kou practically shouted while bowing furiously.

"Boy it...it's okay." He stifled a laugh at this.

An exorcist, apologizing to him? Again? It was quite funny.

"Oh, Yashiro couldn't clean today." He looked up at the ceiling in thought.

Kou was just nervously rambling but stopped noticing Hanako's cleaning problem.

"I can clean today instead!" Kou stated with a huge smile.

They both began to walk to the bathroom.

"Huh? You?" Hanako was a bit surprised.

He seemed so confident he didn't want to do it before. Why now?

"I uh... it's an apology okay, I feel bad I didn't mean to sting you." Kou looks down at the floor while gently rubbing his arm.

The little ghost was a bit shocked. An exorcist helping a ghost just because they want to? It's extremely rare.

'ah, now I can't tell him I'm hurt. He'll feel guilty.' Hanako frowns and his lips form a thin line.

"Hanako?" Kou looks down at him.

"Yes boy?" Hanako looks up at him.

"You've been staring at the door for a good minute." Kou points to the door with a confused look.

"Ah, you could've walked in you know." Hanako chuckles.

They both walk in, a little surprised with who's here. Yashiro was sweeping up the floor, but noticed the two at the door and waved.

"Hi guys!" She gave a bright smile.

Kou happily greeted her while Hanako internally screamed.

'i can't hide it from both of them! And if I do manage to hide it it'll be worse later! That's gonna be a pain and Tsuchigomori is gonna be pissed!' He mentally panicked.

Yashiro and Kou are staring at him with confusion painted on their faces.

"Ah, Kou-Kun. What's wrong with him?" Yashiro said while staring back.

"I uh dunno? He's just started doing this. Maybe it was my staff?" Kou said while inspecting said item.

"I thought he sealed it!" Yashiro panics.

"Ah but he usually unseals it for missions!" Kou smiles brightly.

They both became silent and look at Hanako. He's slowly inching away while squinting. And then he's gone.

"Hah, WAIT I DONT WANNA STAY AND CLEAN WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!" Yashiro screeches and follow with Kou not far behind.

They chased him into the hallway only to see he's gone.

"Ugh he's such a-a....a snake!" Yashiro said, irritated while having her fists up.

"I-its okay senpai." He smiles worringly.

Meanwhile Hanako was in the bathroom and quickly patched himself up. Unfortunately, when Kou's staff hit his back, the apparition hit his front in the same area, cause quite the gash. He sighs when he's done and puts on his shirt, and right when he gets the first button on the door bursts open. The trio just stare at each other for a bit.

Hanako's eyes widened and he quickly shielded the front of his torso and screeched."ITS NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!"

"PERVERT GHOST!" Yashiro turns red and shouts.

Kou was going to shout, but then noticed the bandage across his waist.

"Ah Hanako..." Kou frowns sadly and walks up to him and gently touches the bandage, causing Hanako to blush furiously.

"You got hurt, cause of my staff." Kou grips his staff and frowned.

Hanako snapped out of his shook state and finished closing his shirt.

"It's fine Kou, I get hurt all the time. And besides it was the apparition we fought, not you." He gave an encouraging smile.

Kou frowned while Hanako tightened his tie and buttoned up his jacket.

"But why didn't you say anything!? What if it got worse!?" Kou grabs his wrist while shouting.

"We're your friends! Just because you're dead doesn't mean we don't care about your well-being!"

That caused a tension. Not one of insult, but of realization, causing Hanako to widen his eyes in shock and mouth to slack open slightly. Yashiro came and held his other hand in her own with a small smile.

"It's true you know. We do care about you alot, for you to not care about yourself hurts more than you think." Yashiro looks up at him and deadpans.

He's crying.

'ah we made him cry.' Kou and Yashiro begin to panic.

Kou flinches back and practically shrieks"S-SORRY I DIDNT MEAN TO GRAB YOU!"

"NO NO NO! HANAKO IM SORRY DONT CRY!" Yashiro jumps up and starts flailing around.

Hanako breaks out of his stupor and gently laughs, a heart breaking laugh, but still a laugh.

"I...I can't with you two. Thank you." He chuckles and wipes his face while the two look at him.

"Get going you two, it's getting late." He gives a warm smile.

The trio have a group hug and disperse. Hanako stares out the window looking at the moon and closes his eyes.

"If only they knew how disposable we ghosts are." He sighed and disappeared for the night.