Panic Ensues

Rope. He can not handle rope.

'why does it always have to be rope.' Hanako sighs as he was hanging upside down from the ceiling, wrapped up in one of the younger Minamoto's traps.

He can already feel the panic setting in, he's been trembling but he's been fighting it, remembering last time this happened and someone came to save him.

'i...I don't want to hurt anyone...' He began to tear up.

He was loosing this battle and it shows. He couldn't do much in his state, when he moved the rope would shock him, sending him a wave of hysteria. Which didn't help his mental battle of fighting those days.

'its been three hours.' Hanako trembles and clenches his jaws.

After a few more minutes, he was a mess. He was fidgeting and fighting, and shouting, certainly no thanks to the shocks, his hat had fallen somewhere and he didn't have his knife on him, so it was purely just him. Then after one last pained shout there was a knock on the door.

"Hanako-kun?"

The familiar voice was music to his ears. Everything hurt, and he surely is going to collapse any second, in a fit of desperation he looks at the door, fighting to stay awake.

"Ya....Yashiro!" A weak plea from our little apparition.

The door opened and all he saw were big ankles as he drifted off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yashiro steps in and is shocked. There was Hanako completely disheveled, tied up and unconscious.

"Hanako!" She rushed towards him and grabbed the rope in a fit of desperation.

She moved it and it shocked him again, emitting a weak groan of pain. Yashiro shrieks and jumps back.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" She quickly scans the room for anything to use to cut it.

Her eyes land on the knife. She grabs it and carefully slices the rope, he falls to the floor without a sound and Yashiro cradles his head, noting the black liquid quickly seeping out of his nose and from various cuts.

"Hanako-kun! Hanako-kun!!" She gently shakes him.

"...hn...Yashiro?" He whispered while blearily looking up at her.

"Hanako-kun!" She hugs him while crying.

He doesn't say anything, too tired to question anything. Yashiro noticed and gently put him on the floor.

"I'll get a first-aid kit! I'll be back!" She runs off quickly.

Hanako quickly drifts off, not noticing a small pool of black beneath him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once she came back she shrieks at the liquid around him, then quickly rushed into action. She removed his jacket and rolled up his sleeve, she quickly cleans and bandages his wrist, then his neck.

'hes bleeding alot on his torso, but I can't unbutton his shirt, he wouldn't like that...' she sadly frowns.

She gently nudges him, and he dazedly awakens.

"Hanako-kun, you need to patch yourself up, I'll leave then come back in a few okay?" She gently whispers as she touches his face softly.

He tiredly nods and Yashiro's heart squeezed at how exhausted he looks. She nods then leaves Hanako by himself. He huffs and gently manuvers himself, ignoring the stinging and numbing pain coursing through him. Then he bandages himself up.

'damn...he got me good. I feel like a mummy, even my thighs have marks.' he sighs with a frown.

He feels like crying, he wants to scream and hit something.

'im so angry and tired of...of living through this.' he curls up, having his head on his knees.

"...I can't..." He whimpers out quietly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~💫~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yashiro is outside fiddling with her fingers. The image of Hanako's hurt and tired face instilled in her mind.

'but why...' she looked up in thought.

Suddenly she heard something.

'...sniffles?' she looks around trying to find the source of the sound.

She widened her eyes when she realized where it came from.

"Hanako-kun." Yashiro whispers.

She quietly opens the door to the bathroom and peaks inside. There he was, curled in on himself as he hugged his knees in the corner of the room. She noticed his shoulders slightly shaking, and occasionally a sniffle was heard. She quietly closes the door and crouches in front of him.

"Hanako-kun." She spoke quietly, as if she was speaking to a kitten.

He flinched and shifted away. He had nothing to hide himself, no curtain and no stall. He was in plain view and hates it. Yashiro frowns sadly and gently ran her fingers through his hair, then softly dragged it towards his face.

'ah, he looked up.' Yashiro looks at him and gives him a small smile.

"Hey, Hanako-kun." Yashiro slowly wrapped her arms around him.

'no...don't.' his eyes widened.

He was inching back but she didn't care.

'I don't want this.' he was trembling like crazy.

'he needs this.' she held him softly, his head on her shoulder.

She slowly brings him out of his position, resulting with them on their knees. Yashiro rubs his back slowly and whispers sweet nothings in his ears.

"It's fine."

"You're safe."

"I'm here."

Hanako shakes even more trying to hold it in, but he fails miserably as a choked sob comes out, forcing the static out of his head from that day. That horrible day. He squeezes his eyes shut and hides his face in her shoulder while hugging her back, his sobs and wails all coming out, fifty years and more of pain all spilling forth.

Yashiro smiles and a few tears slipped out and Hanako's cries echoed in the bathroom, while she watches with a sad smile from the window.