Odd Couple

It was after school, classes had just finished and now everyone was heading home. Yashiro was with Kou at the moment trying to find the older of the Minamoto twins.

"Hey Kou-kun. Has Hanako-kun bothered you in class today?" Yashiro looks up at the boy.

"Hm...no. Why? Are you worried senpai?" Kou looks down at the girl.

"No! It's just odd, he usually bothers us when he's bored." Yashiro gives a worried smile.

"Well, maybe he isn't bored anymore." Kou shrugs.

The two students sigh after looking for the exorcist for quite a while.

"Agh, forget it. I think he went home." Kou huffs with annoyance.

"Ah, but wouldn't he call you?" Yashiro rose a brow.

Kou modded then shrugged "maybe he has a mission today..."

The two then begun some useless chatter as they headed over to their little friends boundary. Upon reaching there, they heard voices. The two looked at each other and nodded, and put their ears to the door.

"Ahhh~ Your so stupid!" A sweet laugh followed after.

"Me? Certainly you're joking, you're worse than me." A deep chuckle.

Kou and Yashiro looked at each other, mouths agape. Then Yashiro looked down and almost screamed. A little fox also had her ear on the door, she put a paw to her mouth signaling for the two not to scream, then pointed behind them. And there was a big spider behind Kou, also doing the same thing with a smirk and pointed to the door.

"Huh? Are you serious? The stars?" The deep voice replied, and a smile was heard.

"Yes! What's so funny about that!?" A screech resonates throughout the room.

A laugh "Nothing! It's just...you're a little nerd."

A loud crash...

"Ah, something broke." Tsuchigomori whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~🌹~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm not a nerd!" The little ghost blushes madly.

"Ah, you dropped your drink, and yes. Yes you are." The tall exorcist smiles.

Teru leans in to Hanako's face with a small smile, and gently grabs his chin.

"...not that I mind it." He chuckles as his thumb gently smooths over the little ones lips.

Said little one was red. More than a tomato, less than a cherry.

"...well you were gonna put up with it anyway..." Hanako mumbles while slightly looking down.

Teru gives a warm smile, not one of those smiles he gives to his fans. A genuine, he's happy, it's not a fake smile. And Hanako is proud to put that on his face. The exorcist leans in while the ghoul happily complies, their lips are going to touch.

But never meet.

"TERU-NII!"

The two jump and look at the intruder with shock. Kou gets on his knees and starts crying.

'Ah he's crying!?' The odd couple dead pan at the kid on the floor.

Teru sighs then pulls away with a smile, while Hanako blushes madly and looks away. The rest of the Scooby gang walk in and all have various expressions, and the ghost child is taking all them in. Teru smiles and looks at Hanako.