Rainy Reasons

It was currently the end of a school day and Kou had to stay back to finish up a test for science. He reaches the locker rooms and sighs looking out at the storm.

"Damn it." He groans and begins to walk back in.

'hopefully it won't be long.' He sat down on a seat in an empty class as he stared out window longingly. Just then, his eyes met the sun in this cloudy sky. Kou lurched back while Hanako laughs.

"H-Hanako?! What are you doing!?" He frowns angrily and gets up.

His laughter dies down and he looks at him with a smile. "I could ask you the same thing."

Kou huffs and sits back down. "I can't leave yet. I forgot my umbrella."

"Hmm? Why didn't you ask the principal for one, he has spares?" He gives a confused smile and sits in front of him, cross-legged.

"I went to go find him but he wasn't in his office." Kou sighs and puts his head in his arms.

Hanako chuckles and gently puts his hand on Kou's hair and lightly tussles it. Kou wouldn't say it but he likes head pats, and because of this, he dozed off to Hanako's fingers running through his hair and the rain singing in his ears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~⛈️~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kou wakes up to find Hanako staring out the window with a small pout. He sits up and rubs his eyes tiredly.

"Hanako?" His voice was a bit raspy, being he had just awoken.

"Ah! Good morning sleeping beauty." He looks at Kou with a warm smile.

Kou pointedly ignored the comment as he looked outside. It was still raining, but the thunder wasn't there.

"Hey boy." Hanako quietly got down from the desk.

"Hm?" Kou watched as Hanako walked away.

Hanako gave a bright smile. "You lost something?"

In Kou's eyes, it was malicious. He frowns then quickly checks himself.

His face etched into confusion. 'everythings here....'

But yet, in front of his face was his earring. And behind the earring was a mischievous smirk.

"Hanako!" Kou ran towards.

Hanako made haste, and ran, while the little Shiba dog was behind him. Kou was quite surprised how light Hanako was on his feet, but chalked it up to him being a ghost. They reach the locker rooms and Hanako runs outside, Kou's mind only has one track so he followed him and they had ran around in the rain while Hanako laughed and Kou was irritated.

"There is a raging thunderstorm and you to go out to play in the rain?!" Kou practically shouted and he put his hands on his knees to breathe.

As he leans up he sees Hanako very close to his face a smile, then he puts his left hand near Kou's ear, while his other booped his nose.

"Tag!"

"HANAKO!"

And then a game of tag was played, this time the both were laughing while running around the warm spring rain. The sun began to set and the rain had let up.

"I guess that's your cue." Hanako chuckled as he stopped running.

Kou, completely unaware of this stop, had rammed into Hanako, but luckily he can hold his ground so he just stepped forward with a grunt and Kou just hugged from behind, thinking he was going to fall.

"Oh! Ive gotta get home!" Kou perked up.

"You think? Also I didn't know you liked hugs~" he stuck his tongue out at Kou.

Suddenly, something quite unexpected but not out of character happened. Kou turned Hanako to face him and hugged him, then spun him around, princess style. Hanako hysterically laughs along with Kou, as he set him down.

"W-whats gotten into you?!" Hanako said in between laughs.

"Nothing, it's just a thank you." Kou smiled widely and nuzzled Hanako's hair with his face.

He gave one last hug, and ran off while waving, leaving a Hanako with a goofy smile to wave back.