Chapter Thirty-Two

Song: I'll Keep You Safe- Sleeping at Last

One day

"A waiter?!" hindi makapaniwala kong tinanong.

"Yes," Axel answered. "A waiter was seen slipping that piece of paper under the door. Seems to me that someone asked him to do it."

We are currently reviewing the CCTV cameras inside that hall while the masquerade ball was on-going. Halos hiningi na nila ang lahat ng kopya pero hindi parin nila malaman kung sino ang tunay na nag-abot sa waiter nito.

Axel clicked another video and it revealed the waiter accepting the letter from an unknown man. The man was aware of the camera so his back was facing it.

"Maybe there are still some clips that could lead us to that person!"

I look at everyone with a questioning look on my face. I shrugged my shoulders and waited for them to agree on my suggestion. Lahat sila ay mukhang malalim ang iniisip.

Bumagsak ang balikat ko. Nakapalibot kami ng aking security team sa isang bilugang lamesa upang i-review ang lahat ng CCTV footage na nakuha nila mula sa hotel na iyon kagabi.

Nagulat nalang ako nang ipinatawag ako kanina at may importante daw kaming pag-uusapan.

Axel sighed beside me. Napabaling ako ng tingin sakanya.

"We already did that, Aria. None of these clips lead us to that person."

"But is he wearing though? I'm sure everyone will notice him if he's underdressed. I mean, lahat ng tao sa gabing iyon ay pormal ang suot."

"That's the thing. The man was dressed formally."

"Is he wearing a mask?"

Mabilis na napabaling ng tingin si Damon sa akin. Kumunot ang noo niya at tsaka napahalukipkip.

"What does it have to do with wearing a mask?"

"Because those who are only invited are the one's who wears a mask. Well, except for him." sabay turo ko kay Axel.

"Of course, your father provided him one." Ani ng isa kong bodyguard.

Tinaasan ko naman siya ng kilay. Got a problem with that, mister?

"Still. Wearing a mask or not, we still couldn't recognize his face. The person who sent that paper to the waiter is well aware of the CCTV cameras around." Si Axel.

"The party is heavily guarded. I wonder how that person got inside. Tanging mga imbitado at mga guards lang ang nandoon. No medias or anything," sabi ko.

Napaayos naman ako ng upo nang may napagtanto. "Baka nasulyapan noong waiter ang mukha ng taong 'yon!"

"We already interrogated the waiter and he told us that he didn't get a chance to see the man's face because he was busy serving the guests." Sagot ni Damon.