- Four -

Jacks P.O.V

-----

After tearing the box of beer open I hand one over to Andrew and try giving one to Arden but Andrew pulls my arm away.

"She's only 16." He tells me.

She's 16.

Only 16.

How is she only 16?

Jack, come on. Does it even matter?

Shut up.

-

When she leaves the kitchen, it takes every ounce of me not to watch her walk away, but my chance to see what she's up to comes quickly when Andrews phone begins to ring. With a dramatic sigh he answers the phone and I take this as my que to leave the room.

When I see Arden I notice she's texting.

Who is she texting? A friend? A boyfriend? Does she have a boyfriend? She must, I mean look at her.

Once I see her shove her phone into her pocket I start walking again, when she turns around she almost bumps into me. She's so close, for only a moment though before taking a step back.

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you coming." Her voice is soft, sweet, and innocent.

Imagine the sounds she could make while moaning your name.

"It's fine." I move around her and sit on the furthest end of the couch. I pull my phone out and go to Facebook. I swipe away at my news feed.

"So, how long have you known my brother?"

I look up from my phone, she's sitting on the arm of the chair across from me.

"About a year ago, we met when I got the job with him."

"Cool. Cool." Is all she says, and I want her to keep talking. So I say something I could care less about. "You're brothers fuckin nuts. I don't know how he goes to college, then work for the company at the same time, but he finds a way to pull it off."

All she does is agree with me, and if I'd known she wouldnt have replied I'd just left it at 'Cool. Cool.'

When Andrew comes back in, we play some video games and Arden beats the hell out of me. I wouldn't have picked the easiest map if I'd known she'd destroy me.

Let her have this, Jack. After all, you're about to destroy her.

I block out the annoying voice and hand the controller over to Andrew. When I get up to go to the bathroom I look down at Arden, victory is shining in her eyes, an innocent playful smile stretches across her face.

"You, Arden, are not nice."

I fight my smile all the way to the bathroom.

Day one of meeting her and I feel whipped.

It's called being crazy.

Shut up.

I raise my hands and slap the sides of my head over and over.

Shut up. Shut up. Shut the fuck up.

No denying it, J-

The voice stops when I hear her holler "bye"

She's leaving? Who's picking her up? Parents? Friend? Her boyfriend? God I hope it's not a boyfriend.

I hurry out of the bathroom and when I walk back into the living room I see that Andrew is still playing the game. He glances at me and smirks.