- Nineteen -

Wednesday was hard.

Jack kept texting and calling. I was able to hang on to my anger and ignore him.

Thursday was harder.

He was still calling and texting, leaving voicemails begging me to talk to him. I only texted back twice, just to tell him to leave me alone.

Friday, today was the hardest.

It's 4 in the afternoon and he hasn't texted me at all. Part of me is glad because this is what I wanted. I wanted him to leave me alone but, another part of me is sad that he gave up so quickly.

I want to text him, but that will ruin my strong front.

I'm hoping that this trip will keep me from thinking too much about it.

I'm sitting on the front porch when Mason pulls up to the curb in front of my house. I grab my packed bag and run over to his car. After throwing it into the back seat I jump in and buckle up.

"I'm so excited, I haven't been camping in forever." Mason throws the car in drive and heads towards my dads new house. "I'm excited too," I tell him, "It's been a while since I've done something fun."

It feels like a while anyways.

The ride to my dads is only filled with small talk.

When we pull up, Mason parks in the spot besides my Dads truck.

It's a new truck.

Mason is the first to jump out, I climb out slowly as I take a look around. The new car, and house worries me a bit when I think back to the call from Mason when I was at the lake with Jack. What if this is his new family's home?

I don't think I could handle that.

"Do you think this house belongs to the woman you saw my dad with?" I asked and his smile disappeared. He looks over at the house, then back to me.

"I don't really know.. You don't think he'd move in with someone so fast, do you?"

I shrug, because I honestly don't know either. He might if he were trying to fill a void. My mom had a guy over the moment she could.

"May-"

"You're here!" My Dad cheers as he interrupts Mason and makes his way to the driveway. "I'm so happy we're doing this. It's needed, for sure." He pulls me into a hug when he gets to me, and I don't realize how much I needed this hug from him. I wrap my arms around him and squeeze tight.

"I missed you." I say quietly, "I missed you too." He says into my hair before pulling away and smiling down at me.

"I see you invited Mason," he looks over and holds his hand out and Mason looks down at his hand before taking it in his. After shaking his hand my dad shoves his hands into his pocket and looks at the back of Mason's truck.

"You like fishing?" He walks over and looks at the poles in the back. "Yes Sir, I don't get to do it often though."

"Don't call me Sir, please. And there will be plenty of time to fish this weekend!" The smile on my dad's face only grows larger.

"Why don't you guys come in for a minute while I get the cooler packed. It's almost ready, also don't mind the mess I'm still unpacking." He says as we follow him to the house.

"Is it just you here?" I suddenly ask, he stops and turns towards me. "Yes. Who else would be here?"

I look down and shrug "I didn't know if maybe you had a new girlfriend or family or something."