- Epilogue -

Year and a half later.

"Arden, wake up! I'm right here, Baby, I'm right here, everything is okay!" Mason wraps his arms around my shoulders and pulls me into his side. My body trembles and I cry as I relive that night in my dreams all over again.

It's been over a year, and I still have these nightmares. The look on his face right before he cocked the gun, it will forever be burned into my mind. and the scar on my shoulder will only be a permanent reminder too.

"I hate him." I squeeze a handful of Masons' shirts in my hands as I cry into his chest. "I just want this all to end. I'm so sick of him being there every time I close my eyes, I wish the trial would just end."

"I know, Baby." He rubs his hand up and down my back. "Next week, we'll know."

I pull away from him and climb out of bed. "Nothing is going to happen," I tell him as I grab his hoodie off my desk and pull it over my head. "He's going to plea insanity because he's literally fucking crazy, Mason." I twirl my pointer fingers by my head.

"Andrew, Tyler, you, me, and god knows who else will never get justice... He deserves to rot in hell for the rest of his entire miserable life!" I scream. Mason jumps out of my bed, and grabs my upper arms gently.

"I know, I know.. But he'll be locked up regardless. He'll never be able to even see you again!" He moves my messy hair from out of my face and uses the pads of his thumbs to wipe away my tears.

"But, he will still be out there. Eventually he'll get out and come looking for us to finish what he started. The crazies always come back, Mase, always."

I pull his hands away from me and turn my bedroom light on.

"What're you doing?" He asked as I sat next to a pile of boxes. "I'm going to put them together and pack,Im ready to be out of here." I explain, he sits beside me and grabs one and starts helping.

"I'm sorry you're handling this so badly." He says after doing a couple boxes. "How are you not handling it so badly?" I ask, and he shrugs.

"I have my moments, when Im with you I feel good. On nights Im alone are my worst. He admits, and I start to worry. I leave early for college in two days, I dont want him to be a mess when I leave.

Now i feel like a shitty person.

To avoid sleep, I continue to set up the boxes.

When I got accepted into the University that I applied to, I was able to somehow get in after I graduated so that I could take summer classes and just be gone sooner.

It's a bittersweet moment, because I'll finally be gone but, this means I'll be leaving Mason.

Over the last year and a half Mason and I grew closer to Dylan, his bestfriend Jarred, and Stella, we're best friends, I don't know what I would do without these guys. Stella actually started dating Dylan's bestfriend about a year ago.

When Stella applied for school, Jarred signed up for the Military. Stella and I got accepted into the same school. But, the excitement didn't last long.

Those two had a plan, it was a good one, but everything changed when she found out she was pregnant last week, and now she won't be attending school with me.

Rude, Stel, so rude.

"So, how do you want to spend our last two days together?" Mason asked as we finished folding up the last couple boxes. "Just hang out with you, Stel, Jarred, and Dylan. But I have something to do in the morning first, then I'm free."

"Okay, I guess I can share you with the others." He cracks a smile as he gets up and stretches. "Can we go back to bed now? It's almost three and I'm sleepy." He says with a yawn.