- Twenty -

Jacks P.O.V

*****

Y'all keep joking about it, I'll make it a reality.

I'll make it a reality.

FUCK!

Y'all keep joking about it, I'll make it a reality.

"Where are you going?" Andrew hollers after me when I jump up from the sand. "Getting a beer."

"Get me one!" I wave him off and when I round the corner of trees only people I see are their Dad and a few people who must have shown up after us. As I walk by them, their dad and his friends wave and I return the polite gesture. Once I'm out of their sight I walk faster and the further I walk I notice I'm approaching a trail.

I go down it and already I hear hushed voices. I walk a little further in and behind a tree I see them.

"I don't care about that. I want to know what's going on with you." He grabs hold of her hands and looks into her eyes.

I've never felt so sick to my stomach before.

"Why, Mason? Why do you care, huh?" hearing her voice sends a jolt of energy though me and all I want is still feel her body in my arms.

"Because you're my best friend, Arden."

"Is that all I am to you?" My heart shatters, she's doing exactly what she said she wouldn't do. She's going to leave me for him.

I'll kill him. I'll kill everybody.

"What do you mean?" His voice is annoying and I want to tear his throat out, but the look of confusion doesn't go unnoticed and it gives me a tiny bit of hope that he may not have the feelings I thought he had towards her. "You know what I mean."

He drops her hands and runs his hands through his stupid hair, With a look I know all to well he looks at her and says; "You can't ask me things like that." He barely says over a whisper.

"Why?" her voice cracks, she's filled with so much emotion. I wish she'd fucking talk to me. I'm supposed to be her boyfriend.

"You know why." He says and they both grow quiet. And the Silence is messing with me, I go to take a step back so that I could go process my next plan because clearly Mason needs to go, but when I take a step back I step on a stick and the crack echo's around us.

"I was just looking for somewhere to pee" I say as soon as they look up at me. Mason looks back to Arden "I'm going to go to the tent, I'll meet you back at the water soon."

I couldn't be more thankful when Mason leaves Arden, and I alone.

She's quiet, to quiet, and I hate it.

She walks towards me and my heart starts racing. She's going to hug me. She's going to kiss me. She's going to let me explain.

She's going to walk right past me.

I turn on my heels and grab her hand to pull her back to me.

"Jack let me go." She says in an aggressive whisper. Her tone isn't the same as when she was talking to Mason. I pull her into my chest and hold her to me.

"God I've missed you." I whisper to her, and she tries pushing me away. "Please stop that, please." I beg and she doesn't give up.

"Arden, stop!" I hold her tighter against me. "Let me go!" She gets a little louder so I let her go." She takes a few big steps away from me and looks at me with wild eyes.