- Seven -

Jacks P.O.V

It's noon.

Five hours have gone by and she hasn't texted me back. I check my phone every five minutes and it's driving me insane.

Why hasn't she texted me? I know kids text at school, so why haven't I got anything back from her?

I checked my phone again, for the hundredth time and what do you know..

Still.

Fucking.

Nothing.

I shove the damn phone back into my pocket and finish painting the walls fucking pink.

The colors are obnoxious. It's bright, sparkly, and annoying. I fucking hate it. I hate this color, I hate this job, and I hate that she not texting me the fuck back.

Maybe she doesn't like you after all.

"Shut the fuck up."

"Who are you talking to?" I turn around and see one of my coworkers standing in the doorway. I chuckle and look towards the open window.

Way to go jackass, they're all bound to find out if you keep slipping up. Stupid.

"Birds" I point to the window. "They wouldn't stop chirping" I half lie. They are technically chirping.

"Ahh, yeah. They can be annoying." He says. "A few of us are heading to the mall since it's the closest place with food, wanna come?"

I nod, and put my painting shit away. This is the perfect opportunity to get her off my mind.

-

I couldn't be any more fucking wrong.

I'm pissed.

I'm livid.

She's here.

Why is she here?

Wait, who is she even here with?

That's not fucking Mason.

My heart is pounding, it pounds harder every second I see her with that guy's arm around her shoulders.

She said she doesn't date.

Does she lie?

She's no different than any other girl, they're all liars.

Come on tough guy. Go over there.

"Hey, I'll be right back." I tell the guys as I give into the voices inside.

When I make my way to her, I see Mason exit a store and the first thing he does when he joins them is push the guys arm off her shoulder.

I'd be happy about it if he didn't look the way that I feel.

Mason fucking likes her. I should have known. No way in hell could he 'just' be friends with her.

"Shouldn't you guys be in school?" I say, and they all turn around. A smile spreads across Mason's face, and I wish I could punch him in his perfect teeth.

When I look at Arden, she's looking down at her shoes, and this random guy throws his arm over her shoulders again.

"School got out early." Mason answers me.

"You got pink paint on your cheek man." Ass hat says.

But only then does Arden finally look up, and a breathtaking smile is etched across her perfect face.