- Seventeen -

I'm not naïve, Mason doesn't like me like that. He never has and he would have said something to me by now if he did. Mason and I have been nothing but friends for years.

That's it, just friends. Jack accusing Mason of having other intentions irritates my soul. I think I'd know if Mason liked me more. He sure as heck wouldn't mess with other girls if he did anyways.

"I don't believe that." I say quietly, "He's never told me that he likes me either."

Jack only laughs again and shakes his head. "Babe, I promise you that he is head over heels for you, and that's why you hanging out with him drives me insane. I can see it. Your brother can see it, even your shit show mom can see it." He basically spits the last part out. "Do you know how annoyed I got when you left with those fucking retards? Your mom kept going on and on about you and Mason and how he's here every night for you. She swears up and down that you and him will get married one day."

He drops his head in his hands. "I'm so crazy about you and I'm scared to death that you'll realize that you feel the same way he does and leave me." My heart breaks for him. I kneel down in front of him and pull his hands away from his face. His glossy eyes stare into mine, and I finally see the fear of me leaving him in his eyes.

"I'm not leaving you unless you give me a reason too. You have to stop acting like this and you can't go through my phone deleting and blocking people too."

It was like a switch had been flipped inside his head, his glossy eyes were gone and in a matter of seconds they were dark and hard like before.

"Acting like this? I'm acting this way because you kept ignoring me. Don't ignore me and I wouldn't have to get so upset with you, Arden. I don't want to feel this way." He starts to raise his voice but he catches himself. "You make me insane." he looks around and he eyes the Walmart bag on my bed.

"and you guys went to Walmart? People probably thought you were together. What did you guys even do all day that made it impossible for you to text me?"

"We went to get snacks and movies, then went to McDonalds. We were hanging out there for a while then came back here and watched the movies. When my mom showed up we came in here and you know the rest." I try explaining but he doesn't even pay attention. He grabs the bag and starts going through it. He pulls out Rob Zombie's Halloween movies, along with the newer one.

He puts them back in the bag and tosses it across the bed. "So you guys were on a date?" He asked and when I laughed he looked disgusted with me.

"You're joking, right? A date? Jack come on, you know very well that it wasn't a date." He rolls his eyes.

"Also, he was going to stay the night, wasn't he? He pulled that stupid little bed out."

"Jack, you need to relax." His head snaps towards me "Don't tell me to relax. How would you feel if I were to hangout with another girl and completely ignore you the entire time. And everything you said to me I'd come up with a reason as to why you were wrong, and what I did was okay?"

He looks me up and down and it makes me nervous. I get up and sit beside him on my bed. "I wouldn't like it, but if it's your best friend then I would trust you. If something between you and your friend was going to happen it would have by now. Nothing is going on between us, Jack. I promise, I swear. I only want you." The bed shifts as Jack turns towards me. "Also, I was upset with you for going through my phone. And you left this on my neck and it freaked me out."

"Are you sure?" He asked as he took my hand in his, "You want me?" He ignores everything else I said.

"I want you, Jack."