Two cards left

Degurechaff's POV;

"Did you just buy two bags of donuts!?" I yelled while walking beside Mary in the empty alley way.

"Yeah.." she hummed while taking a donut from one of the bag she carried.

I whined.

"Hey, now, Mary! There's only two cards left, what the hell!?" I said while carrying the other bag of donuts.

Nagging this woman in their right senses is really necessary sometimes!

Just why would she spend so much on donuts anyway. It's not even her favorite to begin with!

Then the sound of a gun clicking pressed up against our eardrums.

I and Mary stopped on our tracks and glanced behind us.

"Give me your wallets and phones and nothing else will happen next." It was a guy wearing a black mask for a hide in facial recognition.

I hummed while keeping my head down when I glanced at the thief.

I quickly immobilized the thief and made him kneel down facing the wall.

It's been a few days since I met Mary Sue and winning her friendship and trust on me was hard! Took me around ten years to get her to be friendly on me.

I laughed while mocking the guy who tried to steal from us.

He was crying for mercy when I aimed my empty ammo for a rifle at him.

I've gotta say... it's nice and also exciting to finally meet another demon like me. At Least something close to meeting one.

Mary likes to keep her head from causing too much ruckus or even showing too much dominance when someone messes with her.

More so over...she prefers to be a peacemaker than a demon she is.

"Hahahahh...hey, Mary! What should I do with this idiot??" I asked while smiling wide with the guy crying under me.

She shook her head in decline to hurt the guy.

I frowned.

She always says, 'Degurechaff, you need to stop stealing.', 'Degurechaff, don't kill them now.', 'Degurechaff, don't cheat.'

Like, comrade! You're forgetting what we are now...hahahahh....

But I guess it's reasonable knowing she was once human after all...

I sighed and glanced over to Mary who was taking another donut from her bag.

I've gotta be honest, she's grown on me to be like that.

I feel calm whenever I'm around her, I feel more controlled on my actions than myself, really.

I guess childish instincts get the best of me whenever it can.

"Degurechaff, you already took it, huh?" She asked when I took my bag from the ground.

I hummed before asking, "eh, took???"

"The man's soul." She corrected.

I scoffed.

"He looked me in the eyes! I can't just do something to stop it, Mary." I said.

"How horrible." She hummed.

Now that hurt.

She's been a headache after what she did in the mall though.

Mary's been really quiet since that incident and has been keeping up with her human form the whole time, I know she's really tired and all but won't stop to rest when I suggest her to.

I thought everything was fine between us now but y'now what she's been doing? She's being distant again.

"Hang on!" I called over to catch up to her pace.

It irritates me to know she's being eaten up by something horrible on the inside.