Contradiction

Mary's POV;

"I... you are.." he slurred.

"Surprising." I commented while blinking slightly from how tiring it was for me on holding up my human form for weeks straight.

"Ah...m.. Mary..." He mumbled while reaching a hand out to me.

I hit his hand before it could reach me and scowled at him.

"Being a demon is your punishment...but me..?" I began.

"Just why me..?" I asked, my growling visible in each word.

He huffed.

"You know you were never a complete saint, Mary...you committed a sin too." He said while trying to put his demon form away.

I hummed.

I'm too weak to put on my human form back right now...

"Answer me..." I said.

He sighed and eyed me with those stern human eyes of his, he still has such a look even after becoming a demon like me.

"Well, when I died....there was a force that pulled me back before I could reach the afterlife." He began.

"There was fear in me." He said.

I hummed, furrowing my brows slightly from the word he used. Fear.

What does he even need to fear..?

The empire had won because of someone....and it has gone on famous in its history for its army force back then and until now.

I smirked.

"Were you angry knowing you couldn't find me when I left your sleeping quarter?" I sneered.

"Perhaps so... Mary." He was honest that I know of.

I chuckled.

"I didn't just kill you, huh..? I ruined your sanity, captain...." I said before chuckling more.

"Mary! I've forgiven you for everything! And I'm here to also ask for forgiveness for what I've done to you!!" He yelled.

"Don't lie to me..." I growled, my fangs showed and I glared at him in the same spot.

"Can't you look in a mirror!? You ruined my life! Beliefs! My family's name! Everything I had!! And you think I'll forgive you!?? You've become pathetic, captain!" I yelled while glaring fire on him.

He stepped back and tried to keep his ground in front of me.

"You don't understand how I feel!" He said.

"You don't deserve anything!!! At least on my pity that is!" I said.

He frowned upon my decline.

"I also can't understand how you feel too but you have to know that I believed God would have welcomed you and healed you of your pain!" He said.

I growled.

"There's no hope for me now, captain... I'm a demon, he has left my side..he has abandoned me just like Degurechaff...." I said.

"I don't believe that." He's declining.

Pathetic!