Understanding

Degurechaff's POV;

I coughed up more blood and tried to gasp for air while using the wall beside me as my only source to balance myself to get out of Mary's sudden tantrum.

I hissed and sat down in a spot I'll be able to be safe in while I heal.

"Damnit!" I hissed while gripping my chest.

The arrow really narrowed and hit me right in the chest.

My heart isn't beating correctly at all. It's been pierced...urgh..

I'll probably heal fast but I'll be weak while trying to heal...

Damnit! What was that!?

Who is that guy???

What in the world is going on..?

Wait, that's...is that the guy Mary talked about many weeks ago..?

He looks quite stern-looking, especially the expression he wears.

He looks strong.

Maybe, this is the redemption she's looking for.

"Mary," I called out.

She glanced around to look at me. She was in her complete demon form now.

"Didn't you tell me this?" I began before continuing with, "you wanted to find your own redemption before?"

"Degurechaff, keep yourself away from this!" She sneered at me when I spoke.

I chuckled, blood mixed with my own saliva as I wheezed a bit from my breathing.

"That's redemption right in front of you, y'now!!" I laughed.

She stared at me, wide eyes in complete shock.

"Hey, you're the one who keeps saying, don't steal, don't kill, and be human and crap! So why are you acting like some demon in front of him, huh..?" I said, my eyes clouding a bit as I tried to steer myself from getting unconscious.

The man was shocked when he glanced over to Mary.

"Because if he isn't redemption? I have no other word to try and explain him in a good way!" I laughed before coughing up blood when my chest finally sealed itself better.

Lucky me, I healed faster than I thought.

Mary huffed in slight irritation on me though.