Enemy mage

Mary's POV;

"You're not even that worse than me, ok??"

As soon as she said those words.

A figure came in view from behind but far from her and an arrow thrusted itself in on Degurechaff's chest.

"Stay away from her, you damn devil." It was him.

I was in too much state of shock that I didn't respond correctly.

Buzzing is in my ears but I knew what he was yelling.

"Get out of here!"

I know who he was.

"Get away from that devil, Mary!!"

He really was alive.

But then, Degurechaff suddenly growled under all the blood that she choked out.

And then, fire sprung from her making me hiss and rush aside from her.

She was aiming her rifle at the captain.

"Stop!!!" I yelled while trying to yank her hold on her rifle.

"Degurechaff, stop!!!" I yelled louder.

"You--Hak! Got to be kidding...me.." Degurechaff fell unto her knees and continued to gag on her own blood.

She wheezed while coughing more.

I knelt beside her and frowned.

"Lay your filthy hands on Anson's daughter and I'll cut all of your limbs off of you, you devil." I heard the captain talk while I was fazed staring at Degurechaff.

What do I do!? What should I do???

"Get away from there, Mary!" He continued.

I stood up and faced him.

"What do you want?" I asked.

He shot up and began trembling.

"I apologize doing that so suddenly, Mary, I came here to talk that's all." He said.

An apology for attacking Degurechaff?

Pathetic!

"I knew I was being followed, of course, it was you, captain..." I sighed.

"You're still alive, huh..." I continued while standing in front of Degurechaff who sat up and yanked the arrow from her chest before coughing up more blood on the ground.

He frowned and kept his reluctant gaze at me.

"And how did you live..?" I asked.

He shot up again before saying, "Mary, I should be the one asking that. What has that devil done to you??"

I gave a confused look and gazed at Degurechaff.

"Uhh..her..?" I mumbled while glancing back and forth at the captain and Degurechaff.

He nodded before saying, "she's evil! What has she done to you!?"

"Her?? Nothing!" I replied.

"Then why are you with that devil, did you make a deal with her or what!?" He continued to yell nonsense.

I denied his accusations.

"You deserved a second chance, Mary! But not this way!!" He yelled.

I paused.

My hands clutching tight on its own before gritting my teeth in irritation.

"I didn't ask for a second chance...." I hissed.

He took a step back and scowled. Not on me but on Degurechaff.

"Did that devil curse you?" He asked.

"That's enough, captain!" I yelled before I continued with, "you should've been dead after you killed me and turned me into a demon myself! Now you ask what happened to me!??"

He flinched and bit his lip while looking away.

"I thought you were dead all those years after I killed you in your sleep!!" I continued before grabbing the arrow Degurechaff dropped in front of her.

Everything went silent before he spoke.

"I survived..." He said.

I paused before charging at him after saying, "then you'll have to show me how you did so!!!"

But when I attacked him, something went in on the collision.

I gasped for air and dropped the arrow, sighing when I realized I had my semi-form on me now.

"So that's what it is, huh..." I hummed after standing back up straight in front of him.