Neumann

Neumann's POV;

"Me?" I asked while taking a step into the light.

"I'm Rhiner Neumann...served as the fourth Company Commander of V601 under the command of Tanya von Degurechaff in the military before getting killed by an empire soldier." I continued while eyeing the enemy mage down.

She frowned at me before saying, "I'm Mary...a volunteer mage from the Legadonia."

She's not saying it all completely, huh.

Fine...that works too.

"What happened to major Tanya?" I asked while making my way towards Mary.

Mary took a glance at major Tanya for a second before handing her over to me.

I shot up but quickly took hold of her when she handed her over.

"She fainted...and she needs to rest." She said while brushing the slight hair covering major Tanya's face.

I hummed before nodding and carrying major up the stairs after saying, "I'll take her to bed."

Taking slow and steady steps each case of the stairs, I sighed and took a look around before quietly opening her old bedroom.

Placing her down on her old bed, her breathing slowed and calmed even more.

I sat in an empty chair in the bedroom after tucking major on her bed.

I wonder how she has been.

I wonder if she's doing ok.

I hope she's been doing fine.

What happened to her though.

Staying seated on the same spot, I clasped my hands together and closed my eyes shut for a while before opening them when I heard a shuffle.

Major was still asleep but she was now asleep on her side.

Smiling, I stared at her back facing me before going back to keep my eyes shut to calm myself down from all the questions in my head.

I've kept our old house heavily guarded by me and clean.

Well, only those that need to be cleaned thoroughly.

Not the living room, the living room is fine as it is...it keeps people from thinking that I'm a good man to date.

I'd rather have this place kept clean and secured by me.

Even though I'm a dead man with a hole in the head that human eyes cannot be seen.

It's good that humans can't see it. It might've been a big problem for me and everyone thinks I'm not Neumann which is also good.

I continued to keep my eyes shut until a sound downstairs made me crack an eye open in surprise.

Sighing, I stood up and quietly left the room to check up on what they're doing.

Slowly closing the door behind me, I made my way towards the stairs, each case creaked from my steps before the sound of my black shoes tap the last case with Visha and Grantz holding Koenig from someone.

Koenig looked angry about something.

"What's the problem, Koenig? You look angry about something." I asked after patting his shoulder for attention.

Glancing over the living room, Weiss was holding Mary by the arms.

Now the scene made a slight understanding.

"Did you two fight or something?" I asked.

Mary shook her head.

"More so, he got mad when I said that Tanya von Degurechaff along with the five of you were hidden from history." She said.

I shot up a look of surprise and anguish.

"What!?" I yelled.

She shrugged before saying, "in the military school where I first met Grantz... Degurechaff had somehow stumbled upon a big discovery in which hurt her immensely when she tried to recall it."

I paused.

We were taken out of history? How is that possible?? Major Tanya had a big impact and would be hard to be taken out of history.

She would be known as the main hero who created everything.

How can that be?

"How is that possible? Taking major Tanya out of history would mean the military and government is hiding information about how the war ensued from the public, it would've caused a wave of massive anger towards the government for it." I said.

Mary stared at me before saying, "perhaps it was possible...but I'm not one to say that because I and Degurechaff wouldn't have found out about it if it weren't for the piece of paper hidden for many years, you could even say it's a miracle to not have been found all those years ago."

Damnit...did the government betray major?

Has the government been planning to kill her after she's done all her duty in the military? She was loyal to them!

She did everything she was ordered to do..! Even went to far lengths of missions she could've gotten herself killed on carrying out!

How did this happen...!?