One.

"Mykie! Where are the powder foundations we just got!?" I yelled to my employee and best friend from one side of the makeup trailer.
"I'm busy, Rose!" She yelled back and returned her ear to her phone. I threw an eyeshadow brush in her direction, hitting her in the back. A giant grunt echoed against the wall. Mykie mumbled something into the phone, hung up violently and threw the brush back at me. Her Philadelphian accent was always more apparent for the rest of the day when she got mad. "I told you I was on the phone, jerk." She walked over to my side of the trailer and set her phone down loudly on the counter.

"Did you finally break up with him?" I asked, matching her tone. She shook her head as she pointed to the box of new powder foundations. Mykie and I have been working together for five years and living together for one year. She called me Rose, my last name, and I called her Mykie, a shortened version of her last name Mychal. Despite our inseparability and close bond, we still knew how to push each other's buttons. Especially when it came to the messy relationship with her boyfriend, Steven.

We were working on our fourth season with the Netflix original show: Grace and Frankie. The show has been a big help for both of our incomes but we both still maintained a career as beauty and special effects makeup artists on YouTube. My channel had only been getting more recognition after working with Mykie in a few of her videos.
These days, it took working two jobs to live comfortably in Los Angeles. It also meant no social life, hence Mykie being my only closest friend.
"He said things will be different this time." Mykie said. I widened my eyes and nodded my head. She spun herself in the swiveling makeup chair fiddling with the ends of her shoulder length blonde hair. I kept my comments to myself. I lined up makeup brushes and products to continue the set up for our long day on set. I clipped my brush belt around my waist and fumbled with my short sleeve shirt. Working in a makeup trailer in Los Angeles in the middle of August kept us limited on comfortable attire. I took any chance I could get to show off my arms sleeved in tattoos but I have always hated the summer heat. Mykie stopped the chair with her feet to face me. "I know what you're thinking." I stopped what I was doing to cross my arms.

"You know I just want you to be happy..." I dropped my arms and rubbed her shoulders. "..I can't make you stay away from him, unfortunately.." She rolled her eyes at me. "...but I will be here for you, no matter what." She hugged me at my waist, releasing a chuckle from me. "Besides, what do I know about relationships anyways." She released my waist from the hug.
"Being single for over a decade is not a bad thing for you as a person. It's bad for your vagina." She laughed loudly poking the brush belt. I pushed her hand away from me, causing the chair to swing around. A knock on the door of the trailer made Mykie jump from the chair to stand next to me.
"It hasn't been a decade, asshole." I whispered, ferociously. She giggled while two of the shows producers along with a good looking man and a beautiful woman walked into the trailer.

"Hello, ladies!" The producers said in unison. We greeted them back. "We have two new faces joining the show for a few episodes. This is Stacey Farber and Scott Evans." We shook hands with the both of them. "This is our wonderful makeup artists Sarah Rose and Lauren Mychal. Ladies, we're thinking of just subtle and natural look on Stacey. We only need shine control on Scott." We agreed and invited the two to sit in the chairs. The producers said they would be back in an hour or two to take them to the hair team's trailer. Mykie got to work with pinning Stacey's hair back so I put my very long bright red hair into a ponytail to start working on Scott.

"Why is there a separate hair trailer?" Scott asked me. I placed my hands on my hips.
"The hair girls don't really like us that much." I said shrugging my shoulders.
"Why is that?" Stacey asked. Mykie and I exchanged glances before laughing.
"One of the hair girls is her ex boyfriend's sister." Mykie's voice was shaking with laughter.
"Oh, so it's like some rival gang shit!" Scott laughed.
"Yeah, total Capulet and Montague. Stay on your side of the lot and we will stay on our side or else there's gonna be a rumble with blow dryers and eyelash curlers." I said, holding up a makeup brush as a sword. Scott threw his head back in an explosive laugh. I fumbled with my ponytail again before working sanitizer into my hands.
"Who is that cutie?" Scott asked. I followed his finger pointing to the picture of my smiling dog taped to the makeup mirror.
"That's my seven year old basenji mix furchild, Deeohgee." I giggled, knowing what was going to be said about his name.
"You named your dog the spelling of dog!" Stacey commented, smiling wide. I nodded my head as I checked the brushes in my belt.
"He is my world. I'm a Dog Mom A-F." I laughed. Scott chuckled. He held up his hand to pet my hair.
"I absolutely love your hair." Scott commented as soon as I turned back around.
"Thank you! She's a lot of work but she's worth it." I started to apply primer to his face.
"Yes, girl! You remind me of Ariel." He said, smiling. I paused and gasped loudly. I held up my left forearm to show a tattoo of Ariel with Flounder. Scott gasped loudly too and grabbed my arm. "No way!" We both laughed.
"That's just the beginning of it!" I excitingly put down the primer to show the rest of the work being done on my left arm: all Disney characters from the classic films. I pointed out a few of my favorites then showed him my completed right arm: from wrist to shoulder, dedicated to Star Wars. "I'm a bit of a nerd." I shyly admitted. Scott admired the work smiling from ear to ear.
"Me, too! I love it! My whole family loves Disney so this is just amazing!" I giggled as he took out his cellphone. "May I?" I nodded my head as he snapped away at all the characters. "I'm sending this in a group chat to my siblings." I giggled and started applying the powder foundation to him.

"How many siblings do you have?" I started the usual makeup artist-to-client conversation.
"I have three. Two sisters and one brother. All actors!"
"Oh, wow! That must have been fun to find out who actually broke the lamp." Scott and I laughed.
"That would have been my older brother, Chris, blaming me as always and getting away with it with his tears!" I laughed again. I asked Scott to close his eyes so I could apply makeup setting spray.
"Wait.. your brother is Chris Evans?" Mykie practically shouted at him. Scott nodded, keeping his eyes closed.
"Yes, my brother is Captain America. Yes, he's single." Mykie and I laughed at his assumption.
"I have a boyfriend!" Mykie exclaimed. She finished applying mascara to an also laughing Stacey. "This one is single though!" Mykie nudged me. Scott looked at me shocked.
"You are single?" He asked, holding his hand to his chest. I nodded cautiously. "Let me get this straight because I'm not.." Laughter erupted from the three of us in unison. "...you are beautiful, talented, junk in the trunk, extreme love for dogs, working on a popular Netflix show, hilarious, loves Disney and Star Wars, and you're single?!" I tried to hide my face as the color filled my cheeks and laughed uncontrollably.
"She also has over 7,000 subscribers on her YouTube channel." Mykie added.
"Dang, girl! Look at you!" Scott tapped my arm with his hand. I leaned against the counter, crossing my arms. "You need a GBF in your life to find you a M-A-N!" I dropped my jaw in excitement.

"What is a GBF?" Mykie asked as she looked at us both puzzled.
"Gay Best Friend! I haven't had a GBF since high school!" I practically bounced with happiness.
"When was that like last year?" He placed his fingers on his chin. I rolled my eyes.
"Oh, my god. Stop it!" I joked. The producers came back to take Stacey and Scott to the hair trailer. I hugged them both before watching them leave.

"Dude, he was hilarious." I said to Mykie. I picked up a few makeup brushes to start cleaning them before turning to see why she hadn't responded. Her thumbs were typing away on her phone as she sat in a chair. A slight smile curling her lips. I sighed and continued to clean.
At least she wasn't crying this time.