Thirty One.

Scott helped me wipe the smudged makeup under my eyes. I sat back into the seat staring at the ring. Zach's hand waving in my view to get my attention brought my eyes up to him.
"Picture, picture!" Zach chanted. Scott held up his phone. I pointed to my face. They both nodded to approve of what's left of my makeup. Chris and I got close to each other in the same position as the previous pictures on the ride. I held up my hand between us. Scott counted down from three and took the picture.
"Oh, oh, oh! One more but Sarah hold up your ring closer to the camera." Scott instructed me. I nodded my head. I folded my hand to only show the ring. Chris and I smiled at each other first then firmly pressed our lips together. "Now I'm going to cry more! Look at this!" Scott turned his phone around to show us the photos. My hand was in focus with the ring sparkling.

"Those are getting framed." Chris whispered into my ear. I only managed a nod sitting back into the seat again. I stared at the ring again. "Do you like it?"
"Babe, I love it. It's perfect." I kissed his cheek to bring my attention back to the ring. The boat came to the end of the ride. The crowd that had gathered cheering and clapping brought tears to my eyes again. Chris and I waved to everyone. Chris pointed to a banner hanging from the little bridge going over our heads:

She said yes!

I covered my dropped jaw again with my hands. I pointed up at the banner to show my family and Mykie in the boat behind us. Mykie held up camera to show the banner.
"You've been recording this whole time!" I yelled to her.
"Duh!!" She boasted loudly.
"So have I." Zach held up his phone. I gave a high five to Zach.
"No wonder you two have been filming everything." I waved my pointer finger to Scott and Zach. They nodded their heads laughing. Scott and Chris helped me from the boat. I had to remind my legs how to walk. We walked up the stairs to wait for my family and Mykie on the bridge. Disneyland security helped keep people back. My younger sister, Arizona, was the first running up the stairs. I couldn't control the tears. We embraced each other for a few minutes. I turned to introduce her to Chris. Chris hugged her and introduced her to Scott and Zach. My older brother, Max, was next onto the bridge. He hugged me so tight that my feet came off the ground. I introduced him to Chris, Scott and Zach. My mom and dad hugged me together. Being as close to my family as I am, it was unbelievable that I was hugging them to celebrate this moment. Mykie was taking pictures with a few fans that recognized her before running up the stairs to hug me.

"I already saw the ring but I have to look at it again!" She said, laughing in our hug. I held out my shaking hand to her.
"Holy shit, dude." I started to cry more. Her gentle fingers wiped the tears and attempted to fix my makeup.
"Security needs us to move." Chris said to us. I nodded my head at him. I stopped mid-stride to point behind me.
"Wait! What about the banner!" I whined. Chris walked up to me smiling.
"Don't worry, baby. My mom is getting it." I gasped and turned around at his words to see Lisa and his sisters untying the banner from the bridge. I waved at them before turning back around to pout my bottom lip at Chris. He chuckled and kissed my lips. I entangled my fingers with Chris' as we continued off the bridge.

After dinner with everyone at The Blue Bayou again, per my request, Chris and I stayed behind in the park to watch the nightly fireworks show. We were early enough to get a spot on the gate in front of Tom Sawyer's island with The Haunted Mansion behind us. Chris kept his body close to my back. I rest my head onto him.
"We are going to get married." He whispered into my ear. I giggled and nodded my head as his arms wrapped around me. "You are going to be Sarah Evans."
"Whoa." I blurted out. Chris' chuckle in my ear sent goosebumps down my arms. I resisted the urge to stare at the ring again for the millionth time. "You're going to be my husband." His arms tightened around me. "We are going to have some good looking kids." I said assertively. He dropped his head onto my shoulder laughing.

"If I remember correctly, you want three kids?" He asked after composing himself.
"Yes, at least three."
"At least?"
"Yeah. But the first one has.."
"To be a boy." We said together. I gasped and turned around still in his arms. We both laughed at our similar surprised reaction as well as the realization that we both want a boy first.
"You're too good to be true. I should marry you." He said, holding me tighter again. I leaned my body onto the gate. I rest my left hand on his chest.
"Ditto." I spoke softly, looking deeply into his eyes. His smile grew wider as I leaned in for a kiss. The lights throughout the park shutting off with the crowd excitingly cheering broke apart our kiss. I wrapped my arms around his waist to rest my head on his chest. Chris squeezed me close with his arms. We watched the fireworks show, dancing and singing along to the classic Disney music.

We talked about ideas for the wedding and our future during the slow walk to the tram to take us from the park to the hotel.
"I've always wanted a fall wedding. Either in September or October. Oranges, browns, yellows, burgundies, dusty greens. Sunflowers and red roses." I blabbed. Chris kept his eyes on me with a gentle smile, nodding his head as he listened.
"Do you want a big wedding?" He asked, swinging our hands together between us. I giggled and shook my head.
"Not really. If we're going to have the wedding in Boston, I know only my family and Mykie will want to fly there." He frowned his eyebrows with a slight retract of his head.
"Who said anything about having the wedding in Boston?"
"Your mom made a comment at dinner."
"Last time I checked.." He held up my left hand still with our fingers clasping tightly. "..yup. I'm marrying you." I exaggerated my laughter. We stood at the line to board the next tram to arrive. "I think we should get married in California. Do you want to get married in California or Boston?"
"How about we search for a venue in California and Boston? The one we like the most will be where the wedding is."
"Deal. The ones in California already have my vote." He said with a firm nod of his head. I rolled my eyes and threw up my hands in defeat. "Getting married is so easy!" He joked. We both laughed as we finally sat onto the tram. A few other people got on but were not within earshot. "Now let's hurry to the hotel so I can fuck your brains out." He whispered through his teeth, still scanning the area around us for people listening.
"Lightspeed!" I jokingly said aloud pointing to the direction of the hotel.