Twenty Eight.

The day before our one year anniversary was going to be a new experience for me. Chris was still in Boston until he would catch a redeye to make it back to LA by tonight. That didn't stop him from planning, and paying, for an entire day for me to be spoiled. He even included Mykie.
The first stop was brunch at Tart, one of our favorite places to have delicious French toast. The waitress was an old friend of Mykie's so she was thrilled to see us again and to help Chris with his plan.
Next, we headed to Starbucks for more caffeine. I met a few subscribers and posed for pictures. I retweeted a few of the encounters before heading to the next stop: shopping at Rodeo Drive. I was instructed by Chris to find a dress for dinner tonight. He told me I could also buy shoes and accessories too.

Mykie and I walked along the long stretch of sidewalk. We sipped our Starbucks while window shopping.

"I feel like Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman." I whispered to Mykie. We stopped in the Coach store to browse at purses.
"The only difference is the rich guy is your boyfriend from the beginning."
"Are you calling me a prostitute!?" I whispered to her aggressively. A woman in the store turned to us with her face puckered like she sucked on a lemon. "Sorry..um."
"Maybe we should go somewhere else, Vivian." Mykie joked, pulling me out of the store by my arm. We cackled at the lady as she watched us, practically snarling like a rabid dog.

"See what I mean? This isn't me." I shrugged my shoulders.
"That? No, that isn't you!" Mykie pointed to the Coach store. "That is a miserable old lady that buys her happiness in purses and wallets. You? You are a happy, selfless person that is being spoiled by her ridiculously famous boyfriend that wants nothing more than to make you happy."
"Then let's go to Target to buy a dress. That would make me—"
"Did he tell the driver to take us to Target?" Mykie interrupted. I shook my head. "No. He told the driver to take us here. Rodeo fucking Drive." I smiled at her, knowing she was right. She held me by my arms. "Chris wants to do this for you. He loves you so much that I'm sure he wouldn't care what you were wearing. I mean..obviously. He ripped a fucking Oscar de la Renta dress off you." I dropped my head, giggling. Mykie pushed hair behind my ear. "But he wants you to feel as beautiful as you are. That's what this is about."
"Thank you." I hugged her tight.
"You're welcome, my dude. Now let's go shopping!" She threw her hands in the air. We laughed and locked arms as we continued our adventure to find a dress.

After what felt like hours, we found the dress. It was a stunning black fitted long sleeve cocktail dress with a draped macrame lace back by Valentino, along with simple black heels to match. We arrived to the final stop: the absolutely gorgeous Atelier by Tiffany hair salon. Chris arranged for the top stylists to do whatever we wanted; hair, nails, makeup.
I asked the hairstylist to fix my color and give me a half up-half down hairstyle with lots of wavy curls. The nail technician gave me a simple manicure and pedicure. I really started to freak out when the makeup artist started my makeup. She wanted to accentuate my eyes with a taupe smokey eye, false lashes and flawless winged eyeliner. I almost fell out of the chair with excitement from an idea that popped into my head.

"Wouldn't it be so cute if I surprised Chris at the airport?" I said to Mykie. Her hairstylist was giving her gorgeous curls. She dropped her jaw reacting to me.
"Oh, my god. That would be so cute! He always surprises you!"
"I know, right!"
"What did he have planned?"
"He said he would pick me up from the apartment."
"Yeah, you should totally surprise him. His bodyguard covers you completely so you can hide behind him!" Our laughter bounced off the walls of the salon. I continued to bounce in my chair with excitement. The makeup artist asked for me to close my eyes. I glanced at Mykie before closing them.
"Did he tell you what he planned?" I kept my voice calm.
"I'm not telling you."
"Ugh." I scowled my eyebrows at her.

"Relax your face, please." The makeup artist tapped my arm.
"Sorry."
"Yeah, relax your face." Mykie repeated. I could hear her laughing at my middle finger directed to her. "He told me you were going to try to make me tell you."
"What else did he tell you?"
"Nice try."
"Dammit." I growled.
"Isn't the whole point of a surprise to be surprised?"
"After a year of surprises, you don't really know how there can be more surprises."
"At least your boyfriend plans shit." Mykie said, dryly. The makeup artist stepped away to get a different brush. I scrunched my nose at Mykie.
"Maybe it's not the surprises that need to change."
"Okay. This is a day about you. Not my relationship." She held up a hand in defeat. I rolled my eyes.

"Instagram time! Smile!" I held my phone up to get us both in the frame. We took a boomerang with the obnoxious fish face then smiles. I add text to the story by tagging Mykie first:

getting dolled up at @atelierbytiffany with @mykie! #spoiled #oneyearanniversary

It didn't take very long before the comments started appearing in my direct messages. A lot of followers asked where Chris was or what he was doing. I thanked the followers that commented on how beautiful we looked. Others wished me and Chris a happy anniversary. I thanked as many as I could smiling from ear to ear.