10.

•Hotch's POV•

Everyone left to go get food from the cafeteria. It was just Willow and I. I was sitting next to her bed reading the file, and she was asleep. Or so I thought.

"That's like the fifth time you've read that file."

I look up, her eyes were barley open.

"I thought you were asleep?" I ask.

She slowly shakes her head no.

"I'm not tired."

That was definitely a lie. I could tell she was tired just by the way she talked and looked.

"You need to rest."

"I don't want to." She practically whines, her voice still very faint.

"You have to."

She stays quiet for a moment.

"When's the last time you slept?"

I look back up from the file annoyed.

"I'm fine. Now rest."

"How long was I dead?" She blurts out.

My heart immediately drops to my stomach. She looks at me, waiting for an answer. I didn't want to say anything about what happened, but she asked and I needed to answer. I close the file and set it on the lower end of the bed.

"I don't know." I admit.

It was true. I really didn't know, the doctors didn't tell us and we didn't ask.

"I really don't know." I look down at my hands, being reminded of blood that covered my hands that night.

"How long was I in a coma?" She asks.

"9 days, 4 hours, 36 minutes. You went into shock during surgery then slipped into the coma after." I tell her.

"I see Reid's rubbing off on you." There was a smile in her voice.

It wasn't Reid who was keeping track. It was me keeping track, I have been since the moment I stepped into the ambulance.

"Did you find him?" She asks.

I look up at her. Her eyes were closed.
Yet she still looked just as beautiful.

"No." I respond.

"How'd you know it was a he?" I ask.

"Cause I know who did it. Well I have an idea of who did it."

As soon as she said that my heart nearly stopped, I hold my breath for a moment.

"What?" I ask in slight disbelief.

She opens her eyes. Turning her head in my direction, she looks at me. She takes a shallow breath before speaking.

"I worked undercover for about four years before joining the BAU. The last assignment I received, dealt with a drug cartel in California," she stops and takes a few breaths.

"Long story short I ended up taking out about half of the Cartel including the 'cartel's leader' or whoever he was." She finishes.

She doesn't say anything for a moment. She just looks at me.

"Remember a few months back when I needed to take a few weeks off?" She asks.