12.

•Willow's POV•

A few days ago the team left to go back up to Quantico. The case is still under investigation but it'll be investigated from there. As of right now Hotch is the only who knows about the whole undercover cartel ordeal I was involved in.

Speaking of, I have no idea where he went. He left about an hour ago and didn't say or mention anything.

I was sitting at the edge of the bed as the nurse takes out my last IV. Luckily the bullets and coma didn't affect my ability to walk, it was just painful to do so. I have no clue how I managed to be that lucky.

As the nurse leaves I dig through my bag looking for a clean set of clothes. I pull out a black t-shirt and a pair of grey joggers along with a black bra and underwear. I stand up and slowly make my way towards the bathroom. Cursing the entire way as pain shoots through my side. I flick the lights on and shut the door behind me.

After setting the clothes down, I brace myself against the sink countertop till the pain subsides. Just as I lean back up I hear a familiar click and shut of the hospital room door.

"Hotch that you?"

"Yeah." He responds.

"I was wondering where you went." My voice still very faint.

"I went to the car rental place." He responds.

I turn around slowly and open the bathroom door. He was wearing his usual suit and tie, holding his black backpack and keys.

"How'd that go?" I ask as he set his stuff down at the table.

"It was a reasonable price for 3 days, that should be more than enough time to get us back."

"Okay, well I'm suppose to be released within the next hour or two... Speaking of which I need to get dressed." I say, closing the door and going back to the sink.

"Do you need help?" He asks through the door.

I look at myself in the mirror. I had dark circles under my eyes along with bags underneath. My hair was in a messy bun and still slightly damp from the shower I had taken last night. I still had faint lines on my cheeks where the oxygen mask laid. I had lost a lot of weight while in the coma and definitely look a lot different.

After a moment I respond.

"Um. Can you grab my bag?" I ask.

A few seconds later there's a knock on the door. I open it and he hands me my bag.

"I need help." I say sheepishly, looking up at him.

"Okay."

I move to the sink counter and set the bag down. The door shuts and now it was just the two of us awkwardly standing there.

"I just need to get dressed. Can you um untie the-" I point to the back of the hospital gown, not finishing what I was saying.

I watch him through the mirror for a moment as he unties the top tie then the second. When both ties are untied I grab both of my undergarments.

"Can you um turn around so I can-"

I don't finish my sentence and without saying anything he turns around and faces the door. I wince the entire time as I put the underwear on.

"You alright?" He asks.

"Yeah." I breathe out as I slowly bend back up.

I slip off the hospital gown and slip the bra on. Because of where I was shot I wasn't able to reach above my head or make any quick moments with my arms.

"Can you um-"

He turns around and I look at him, crossing my arms across my chest I turn around.

•Hotch's POV•

I nearly choke on my breath seeing her stand there basically naked. Her arms were crossed her chest to cover the exposed skin. Under her right arm across her ribs, two large pieces of gauze were placed in the two spots she was shot. Both pieces of gauze were held on with medical tape and gauze wrap that wrapped around her lightly tanned body.

"Can you um-"

She turns around and points to the back of her black bra that was unclipped. Without saying anything I take a step towards her and clip it together.

She grabs the pair of grey joggers and turns around. I take them and crouch down, bunching up the legs so it's easier for her to put them on. I hold them as she steps in both sides, then slowly pull them up to her waist. I glance up at her, she was watching me as I stand back up.

"God I feel like a toddler." She mumbles as she grabs the black shirt.

She hands me the black shirt, I bunch the shirt towards the top and carefully pull it over her head. She winces as she puts her arms through the holes. I gently pull her shirt down her body to her waist. The shirt was loose fitting and the cut was lower down her chest.

We were standing close together, just looking at each other. Her cheeks turn a light pink and mine heat up almost immediately. I glance down at her soft pink lips then back up at her icy blue eyes. I wanted to kiss her more than anything right now but I know I can't.

She glances down at my lips for a moment and lightly sighs before frowning and looking away.

"Thank you. That's all I needed help with." She says softly as she unzips her bag and pulls out a smaller grey bag.

For a moment I just stand there and watch her. She looks up and through the mirror she looks at me.

"I can do the rest." She barley says.

I look at her for a moment longer then open the door and leave without saying anything.

_