26.

•Willow's POV•

We both were in the middle of eating dinner at a beautiful European restaurant in Marumsco that was about 20 minutes from Quantico. We had been making small talk ever since we sat down.

"If you don't mind me asking what exactly did you do before you worked at the BAU?" I ask.

"I worked as prosecutor for the District Attorney's office."

"Really?" I ask, caught off guard.

"Yeah for several years."

"I- never knew that." I say before taking a sip of my water since I couldn't have any type of alcohol.

"Yeah. It was definitely something." He says.

"So how'd you go from being a prosecutor at the district attorneys office to being profiler and chief of the unit?" I ask.

"A friend of mine managed to pull some strings and get me a job at the BAU."

"Well how'd you know that's what you wanted to do?" I ask.

"I didn't. I just took the opportunity and hoped for the best. It worked out and I eventually made my way up to unit chief." He explains.

"Hm."

"What about you? What'd you do?" He asks.

He knew most of what I was about to tell him but I explain anyway, starting back to when I graduated.

"Um, well if I'm being honest I had no idea where my life was going after I graduated high school. I didn't have any family around where I lived, any that would care. All my friends were either leaving for college or moving away. Unfortunately I was working three jobs just to be able to keep the small apartment I lived in at the time. But at some point during one of my night shifts I overheard a group of people talking about the FBI. I don't remember the exact conversation but it peaked my interest so when I went home that night I looked into it. I applied and few weeks later I got accepted. So the following week I dropped everything I was doing and left for the academy."

"Just like that?"

"Yup. Just like that." I respond before taking a bite of food.

"What made you want to go into the uncover unit?" He asks.

"Um, I'm not exactly sure to be honest. I guess I just kinda ended up there. Eventually I got transferred to the BAU and well- here I am." I respond.

"Do you miss it?" He asks.

"The uncover unit?" I ask.

"Yeah."

I think about it for a moment.

"I do. But I enjoy the job I have now." I answer.

We talk for another half hour before deciding to head out. As we walk out of the restaurant the cold air hits my exposed skin sending shivers across my body. I don't know how I didn't realize it earlier, but I had forgotten my shawl on the ottoman at home.

Aaron must have noticed because he slips off his suit jacket and places it around my shoulders. Immediately I feel the warmth against my body.

"Better?" He asks.

I glance up at him and smile.

"Yeah." I say softly.

We walk over to the passenger side of the car.

"I uh- hope you don't mind but I somewhere else I wanted to take you." He says.

I look up at him and raise a brow.