Speak of the Devil

No one's POV:

"AAAAGHHH..." Izuku let out a loud and defeated groan as he walked down the city streets alongside his partner Minoru who was just smirking like a hyena.

"Jeez, dude. Was it really that bad?" Minoru looked over to his taller friend. Izuku sported a face that would make you think he hadn't slept in weeks.

"YES. And I regret asking my parents for dating advice. It was just...horrible. My mom was trying to teach me all these proper gentlemanly gestures, ways to style my hair, what kind of mints I should use, how I should talk, how I should dress, how I should BLINK AND BREATH. Agh..." Izuku shook his head remembering the horrid chain of events he had to endure at home upon asking for dating advice.

Minoru could really feel the boy's pain as he looked like he was having a PTSD flashback.

"Sorry about that my dude, really feelin for ya here." Minoru cringed just imagining all of that and God it was worse than anything his mother could do and that's saying something for him and it is anything but pleasant.

"It's okay, I survived. My dad wasn't as bad. He was just giving me one liners and flirts to try out. But I'm not sure I can do any of them. I have become more assertive but girls are a completely different trial for me..." Izuku ran a hand through his hair feeling nervous from the very thought of his date with Setsuna. He would not last long with her teasing.

"I feel ya, I feel ya." Minoru patted his uneasy friend's side. "Trust me dude, the female sex is a very wild beast to tame. It can be pleasurable and easy or they can buck ya to the ground and trample you flat." Minoru said winching from remembering all his blunders with other girls.

"Of course you'd say that. Speaking of which, what about you? Did you ask your mom for advice?" Izuku curiously asked, tilting his head.

"Ask MY mom for dating advice? Pfff. Yeah not pulling the pin on that grenade. Naw man, I'm just gonna wing it." Minoru cracked his neck while stretching.

"Well you sure sound confident..." Izuku cocked an eyebrow at his smaller friend.

"Oh no, don't get the wrong dude. I'm am NOT a ladies man at all. In fact. I've failed so unbelievable hard at trying to talk to any girl I've ever met in middle school. However...I think I can start to do it right thing now. What with how much I've changed thus far." Minoru shrugged.

"Hmm. I see. Well I sure hope you can. You're a really nice person deep down." Izuku smiled, placing a hand on his friend's shoulder, looking into his eyes with a comforting smile. Minoru couldn't help but feel at ease. There was just something about Izuku and the way he acted. It was really hard to worry or feel down with him around.

"Thanks bud, but you don't need advice in my opinion. You'd charm any girl you'd meet." Minoru flashed a smile and wink at his pal. This earned a small blush from Izuku causing him to look away.

"Hehehe, w-well that sure brings up my confidence about it." Izuku chuckled.

"Well that's good. Ya think Tokage-chan and Yanagi-chan heard about what happened?" Minoru placed his hands into his pockets.

"Sigh, I'm going to guess they have. It has blown up quite a lot already..." Izuku's mood dropped while remembering the incident.

"Yeah it has..." Minoru's smile soon faded as well. This caused their walk to become fairly silent. Both boys not making eye contact with each other or even making conversation. Though they won, the very incident itself still unnerved the both of them.

The silence seemed to drag on for what seemed to be forever until Izuku spoke up.

"I was pretty scared, Minoru-kun." Izuku spoke to the smaller boy.