Part 24

Karthik aimed the gun at Indira and fired.By mistake it was Preeti who got shot.All were shocked.

Pandit ran towards her screaming:Preetiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Pandit held her in his arms.
Preeti:Pan..Pand..Pandit...I love you.My life ends...with you..
Pandit wept:No.Nothing will happen to you.
He carried her in his arms and ran towards the car.Mahir sat near Pandit,
Preeti was lying on Bela's lap.Bela was crying.

Pandit was driving the car fast.

Karthik:Oh no.I aimed at Indira,how did Preeti come in between?

They all turned back.Suddenly Karthik saw them looking and ran out hurriedly.
Sameer:Somebody has run out.
Karan:I think he only shot Preeti.
Vivan:Come on.We have to catch him.
Kabir:He should not escape.
Siddharth:Yes..
They ran out to catch him.They ran behind Karthik and finally caught him.
They were shocked to see that it was Karthik.
Sameer:Karthik?You escaped from the jail?
Karthik:So what?

Sameer slapped him.
Karan:Why did you try to kill Preeti?She is innocent.She has not done anything to trouble you.Then why did you try to kill her?

Karthik:Preeti was not my target.I wanted to kill Indira as I am suffering because of her.But unfortunately it is Preeti who got shot.
Siddharth gritted his teeth in anger:You tried to kill Indira?How dare you?

Siddharth started punching heavily.
Kabir rang up the police.The police came and caught Karthik.

Pandit,Mahir and Bela reached the hospital with Preeti.
Pandit:Doctor...please save Preeti.She is very nice.
They took Preeti to the operation theatre with an oxygen mask on.

The operation was going on.
Preeti's parents were crying without any limit.
Gauri and Vivek reached there.
Gauri was in tears:What happened to Preeti?
Bela said tearfully:Please calm down Gauri.Preeti will be saved.
The doctor came:The operation is done.We did our level best.But the patient is not responding.Hopes of survival are less.
All were shattered.Preeti's parents were crying a lot.Bela,Mahir and Vivek tried to console the, shedding tears.
Gauri burst into tears:After a long time I got my sister back.Again am I going to lose her?
Gauri looked at Pandit who was weeping silently.
Gauri:Pandit...Recently only Preeti told me that she loves you a lot.Why did'nt you accept her love Pandit?What does she lack?If you had accepted her,she could have taken her last breath peacefully.But since you distanced her even her soul will not get peace of mind.Why did you do this to her Pandit?Why were you so heartless?

Pandit lost his control:Stop it Gauri.Nothing will happen to Preeti.Understand?I will not let anything bad to happen with Preeti.Understand?

Gauri was stunned as she was seeing this expression of Pandit for the first time.
Pandit went to Preeti's room.His heart broke seeing her lying unconscious.

He sat near the unconscious Preeti.He remembered his moments with Preeti where she tried to woo him and he kept scolding her.His eyes became wet.

Meri adhoori kahaani
Lo daastaan bann gayi
Ho Tune chhuaa aaj aise
Main kya se kya ban gaya

Pandit:I am sorry Preeti.I hurt you a lot.But don't give me such a big punishment.You can't punish me by leaving me and going forever.

Now only I realized your value in my life.You have become the most important part of my life.Please don't leave me and go.It's my request.Please...

Sehme huey sapne mere haule-haule angdaiyaan le rahe
Thehre huey lamhe mere nayi-nayi gehraiyaan le rahe
Zindagi ne pehni hai muskaan
Karane lagi hai itna karam kyun na jaane

Gauri watched this tearfully.
Pandit's tears fell on Preeti's face.
Slowly Preeti opened her eyes.Pandit and Gauri became very happy.

Karvat lene lage hai armaan phir bhi hai
Aankh num kyun naa jaane O Saiyyan...
Odhu teri kaaya
Solah sigaar main saja loon