chapter 13

Chapter 13

Zainab

"How did you convince me to do this again?" Fatima complained. She had paint all over her face.

"Why couldn't he just hire painters and save us from this mess?" Kaybee also complained

"Come on guys stop complaining, we are helping our friend Dan here and Allah will reward us." I assured them. We were currently at Danladi's renovating and they keep complaining.

"I'm tired." Maryam complained too.

"Why did you come here if all you do is complained?" I yelled.

"Because you forced us." The five people who I literally coerce yelled back. Sadiq, Kaybee, Fatima, Sally and Maryam all glared at me.

"Funny, I thought you all came willingly." I gave them a fake smile.

"I'm hungry." Maryam complained.

"I'm starving." Fatima added

"Me too." Danladi said too and I scowled at him because I'm trying to help him and he's also complaining.

"Mama Zee please na." Fatima plead.

"Fine let's go on a break." I announced sternly, I was feeling like a boss.

We were almost done with the painting the shop. We were painting the outside maroon and white while we painted the inSide brown and white. I don't like the color but I have to help.

After a while Sadiq strolled in holding two big nylon bags. I could already perceive the aroma of 'gurasa' one of my favorite food during my University days. My friends and I always visited gurasa spot every night, we just couldn't sleep without it. Looking back now, my University days were fun I had so much fun with my roommates.

Kaybee brought a wide tray and transferred the gurasa from the nylon bag to the tray.

We ate as quickly as we could everyone of us trying to get as much as they can into their mouths. Finally only two pieces were left in the tray Sadiq spread his hand preventing everyone from taking the last two pieces.

"I'm the youngest here so I should finish it." Maryam suggested. This is the part where everyone try to get the last piece

  "I bought the gurasa so I should finish it." That was Sadiq.

"Well I brought the tray we use to eat it so I should finish it." Kaybee argued.

"What are you guys even saying. I paid for the gurasa I should be the one eating it." Dan argued back.

"You guys are just talking. What about me. I'm the most reasonable here so they belong to me." Fatima stupidly said

"But I'm the prettiest here and I love gurasa." Sally also stupidly added

I cleared my throat before speaking. "Guys you won't be here eating gurasa if I hadn't force you to come so I'm eating this shit." They all stared at me. That's right no one has really said anything till Zainab speaks. Before my hands got to tray I was push to the ground by Kaybee while he and Sadiq push each other trying to get the gurasa into their mouths like animals. I moved away while Fatima brought her phone to to record their animalistic behavior. They got their senses back and shared it between themselves.
They shook hands and do their bro hug thing smiling obviously satisfied with themselves.

"Well, I'm posting this on my WhatsApp status with the caption Kaybee and Sadiq turned  animals over gurasa." Fatima said with a smug look.

Sadiq and Kaybee looked horrified they begged Fati to delete but she refused.