chapter 31

Chapter 31

Zainab's POV.

In case anyone is wondering I'm still alive. I didn't die after eating the food Amina offered me. Infact it's been a week and if the poison were to be a slow one. I should be dead by now right?

I'm really grateful that my sister and I have reconcile after a long feud. It's amazing that I can talk to her like she's my sister, my friend. 

Through out the week we spend our spare time catching up. I got to know many things about her. For example she plays volley ball, and originally she wanted to study medicine but her score was too low so she opted for nursing instead.

Amina and I sat on my with my laptop in front of us. She said she has never watched big bang theory and I feel bad for her. So I'm making it my duty to make her watch it because everyone deserves to know the character, Sheldon Cooper and also Penny.

"This Sheldon guy is mean." She laughed.

"That's why we like him." I said proudly.

We were halfway through episode one of the first season when my phone rang. I checked the caller ID and discovered it was Yusuf. I groaned.

Ever since the day my parents fixed my wedding date I haven't spoken to him. He has tried calling me several times but I ignored all of them.

I feel like I'm being unreasonable by not answering his call. It's just that I don't know what to say to him. I'm literally pushing him away and it's not fair to him and to me.

"Uhmm... Zee your heart beat is calling you won't you answer it?"

"What will I say to him? If I eventually talk to him I'll tell him I don't want to get married that early and he'll feel bad.".

"Having cold feet is allowed. You talk to him about it he's your future husband. He has to understand your fear. I know it's not easy to go from single and free to married and tied up. Now call him.

I should really talk to him. I can convince him to  tell them he wants the wedding postponed.

So I called him. He answered immediately.

"Assalamualaikum."

"Wa alaikum Salam." He replied.

"I've been tryna get you for almost a week now. What happened to you? " He sounded worried.

"I heard the wedding in December."

"No it's November." He corrected.

I even gave myself a month extra.

"Yusuf I don't want to get married that soon. What do we do?" I almost cried.

He laughed. "But I want to get married that soon what do we do?"

He thinks this is a joke.

"I'm being serious here. Really... Uhm do you know..." I trail not knowing what to say.

Amina snatched the phone from my hand and put It on her ear.

"She isbhaving doubts about marrying you....... How I'm I suppose to know?...... You convinced her to marry you before I'm sure you can do it again.........I'm her elder sister......of course you have never heard about me......... just pretend I don't exist........ pretend I died three years ago that's why you don't know I exist.......use your imagination....... I'm not..... Have you ever seen an angry dead person......I don't believe in ghosts...... you are making me talk to much.......in fact just forget I'll just convince my sister not to marry you instead...... Whatever bye..."