chapter 37

Chapter 37

Zainab's POV

"Pity us Zainab we are fasting!" Yusuf brother Khalid pleaded. Today is the day before Eid. The day of Arafat, fasting is recommended on this day.

"I'm sorry. It will soon be ready." I apologized.

I'm making cupcakes. I just finished making the fifth batch and I had ten batches to go and each batch contains a dozen cupcake. The aroma of the butter, flour sugar and other ingredients mixed together in air is disturbing everyone including me that is  also fasting.

I sat inside the dinning room as I wait the hear the beep that tells me my cupcakes are ready. Sitting with me is a seven year old chatter box named Camila, she is Sultan and Sadiya's daughter. The girl can talk.

"So I tell her no my daddy would not like it, but she did not listen she said I must do it and I don't like it. So I na tell her that she should limme alone." She is telling about her friend who was trying to force to do face painting during their school end of the year party last year.

"So everyone else painted their face except you, did't you feel jealous?"

"They were not even fine." She scoffs "It made them look like plastic monkeys."

"Haba dear. Don't insult them because they gave you trouble." I advised.

The oven beeped indicating that the cupcakes were ready. I ran to the kitchen and took out the cupcakes and put another batch.

"This your cupcakes is looking sweet." Camila commended.

"Thank you honey. You are so sweet." I said kissing her cheeks making her giggled. She's so cute wallahi.

Camila stayed with me till I finished baking wallahi the girl is a bundle of joy. Telling me stories about school but then Maimunat daughter Khadija woke up from the nap she was taking before and she and Camila went to play.

This house hasn't been boring before but now it's boring no one is around everyone is busy preparing for tomorrow's celebration. I have done my part its not easy to make a hundred cupcakes.

I went outside when I heard the faint sounds of sheep bleating so I went to check. I saw four ram tied up. Each tied a few meters away from one another.

I looked closely at the third ram who was making the most noise. The ram was hungry. I decided to feed it but I don't know where there feed was kept.

I went to the security guard and told him about the situation and he gave me look of disbelief. What? Because I'm a girl doesn't mean I can't feed animals.

He eventually showed me where the food is but he informed me that he feed the animals recently he doesn't know anything about ram that's why. Once a ram pee on it's food it doesn't eat it that's exactly happened the ram I'm about to feed peed on his the food the security guard gave him and won't eat it again therefore making itself hungry.

I threw the previous feed away and pour a fresh one and it immediately began eating. I smile and proceeded to change it's water. I did it for the other two but the last one was being aggressive and won't let me go close to take the bowl of water and change it. Speaking of stubborn. I change it's water anyway by grabbing its horn firmly to stop it from attacking me. I took the bowl of water threw it away and pour in a clean one before I released it. And yes I did all that with one hand still holding one of the ram's horn.

When I finished someone cleared their throat. It was Yusuf he stood. He looked like he me performing a miracle.

This man doesn't know that even boys supposed to cover up too  he has to stop wearing sweatpants and singlet all the time. Doesn't he know that women tend to stare at men with abs and I'm a woman if I stare at him I would become a shameless pervert. Is that what he wants? Is he trying to show of his abs to me so I'll fall for him because if that's the case wallahi it's working.