Changing Tactics.

Dipper went downstairs. It was 2 and lunch was already cold. Dipper sat in his seat at the table and put his legs on the table. He stroked his chin and grinned. He was thinking of ways he may be able to get revenge.

"Dipper!" Grunkle Stan yelled

"Yes?" Dipper said with an unusual tone in is voice, hoping he will be asked to fix the sink, or fix something he could use.

"I need you to unclog the toilet!"he yelled.

Great. he thought. He rolled his eyes and got up to retrieve the plunger from Stan.

After doing that chore, Dipper really wanted to get back at him. He always chose Dipper to do chores. Dipper kept his cool though.

Dipper sat on the couch sideways. "What to do. What to do." He thought aloud.

"'Bout what?" Mabel asked as she put her head over his.

After Mabel retreated her head, Dipper went upstairs saying "None of your business."

Mabel followed him, until Dipper closed the door.

"Did you have another nightmare?"she asked.

Dipper widened his eyes and went closer to the door.

"How'd you know?" he asked.

"Uhh you told me this morning on the roof."

"But I didn't get the chance beca-" The voice he usually had changed from normal to angry. "you pushed me off the roof!"

"Dipper, I'd never do something like that to you." She said, trying to comfort him, but was completely confused.

She's lying. The voice said.

This is when Dipper realizes something random.

"Th-the journal! The journal says to trust no one! That includes me and voices in my head. and other people!"
He thought aloud.

"Wait, what?" Mabel asked, seriously confused. "Dipper? What do you mean voices? You are NOT okay. Let me in, it's my bedroom too!"

Dipper opened the door and fell on his bed, hugging the journal. He laughed.

Mabel came in very slowly and sat on her bed.

Dipper laughed and laughed. Stay calm now, a-and remember, you can trust me. o-okay bud? The voice told him, trying to convince him to stay on his side.

Dipper stopped laughing and sat up, shaking his fist in the sky. "You can't tell me nothing now VoIce!" he yelled at the ceiling.

"Uh Dipper?" Mabel asked, frightened and concerned.

Dipper laughed and laughed, he was hysterical. FINE, I guess we'll have to do this the HARD way. the voice yelled in Dipper's mind.

Dipper stopped laughing, his mind was cleared as a puff of black smoke exited his mouth. Dipper's eyes widened as he watched the cloud leave through the window. Dipper was breathing heavily and all his memories had been restored.

He held his hair. His expression of shock matched Mabel's.

"Dipper?" Mabel said, frozen and disturbed.

All Dipper could do was look at Mabel. He owed her a true explanation.

The rest of the day had been silent.They had sat on their beds until supper, thinking about what had just happened.

It was supper. Is Dipper normal again? Mabel asked herself. What was that black puff? Why did it come out of Dipper's mouth? Is he okay? She then remembered something. Did it have something to do with the nightmares?

As these thoughts ran through her mind, similar thoughts ran through Dipper's. What did the voice mean? Was it the reason why I was going crazy? Was that it? The black smoke? Was it the voice that was... It was messing with his dreams! Dipper slapped his forehead, he had an idea of who could have done this.

But he was gone. Left in a cloud of smoke. That's why the voice sounded familiar! The eye, the arm, the dreams, the memories. Everything. The person Dipper had in mind was that flying pyramid guy, Bill.

"Mabel." Dipper said to his sister.

She looked at him.

"Upstairs, now." He said seriously.

Knowing how crazy he had been lately, she didn't want to go. But she did anyways.

"Hey, aren't you gonna finish your spaghetti?" Stan yelled as Mabel followed her brother upstairs.

Dipper was mumbling stuff while pacing when Mabel got there.

"Okay Dipper you better tell me what's been going on." She said sternly.

"Bill" he replied. He told her all the evidence he had, and everything he could remember. He guessed Bill just really didn't like his hat. His hat! He looked around the room for his hat.

"Looking for this?" Mabel teased as she handed Dipper his hat. They shared a good, normal laugh together.

That night, the nightmares still didn't go away. They weren't memories, so that was good. He slept hugging the journal that night, feeling that he'd need it. But for what? he thought in his mind as he drifted asleep.

In the middle of the night Dipper got out of bed and left to go to the washroom. He looked in the mirror. His reflection banged on the glass. Instead of just being angry, it's eyes were yellow and it had sharp teeth.

After giving up, lowered it's head and it cried blood and slowly but it's hand to it's lips and said an extremely creepy voice that was still his. 'shhh you wouldn't want to wake wake anyone up... would you?'

He looked up at Dipper, with glowing eyes and broke the glass.

Dipper woke up screaming. Remembering the disturbing nightmare.