Incantations

Dipper was breathing harshly when he woke up. It was midnight... like his dream. He didn't want to, but he really needed to go in the washroom. When he crept into the washroom all was still.

He looked in the mirror and... nothing out of the ordinary. Dipper sighed with relief, did his business and thought 'what a strange coincidence.'

But when he looked in the mirror afterwards... it was empty.

His breathing accelerated as he shook his head and backed away, falling into the tub with a CRASH. He looked back up into the mirror, it was normal. He was still hallucinating.

Dipper and Mabel woke up around the same time today. Dipper got dressed in the washroom while Mabel got the whole bedroom/attic to herself.

They went downstairs and enjoyed their breakfast. It was a normal, uneventful day in Gravity Falls. They went outside, Dipper read his journal, Stan was pretty much scamming the customers. Wendy and Soos did their normal jobs, and forgave Dipper when he admitted how he overreacted.

Today wasn't boring, but calm enough to be a normal day. Nothing special.

When Dipper was reading, he found many incantations for summoning dangerous beasts and monsters. He never payed them any attention. When would he ever need to summon a dangerous creature anyways?

By the time night fell, everyone was ready for bed. That night they watched a movie, and ate popcorn. Boy, was that movie long! The twins fell asleep on the carpet with a fluffy pillows and blankets each.

The dreams improved a lot from the night before. He dreamed that he woke up in a foggy forest. He was surrounded by trees, except one opening which he exited with after he picked himself off the ground.

He noticed he was in his pyjamas, and had the journal with him. Once he left the forest he found a foggy field with a circle flattened in the grass. A stone pedestal rose from the centre.

He walked up to it, and uncontrollably started flipping through the pages. Until he stopped at one that was about floating eyeballs.

There was a note on that page that said 'Always watching' but in the text it said they were thought to be practically harmless. There was also some crossed out text.

The crossed out text became uncrossed as Dipper started to read.

Dipper woke up in the living room. What had he just read? He looked in his arms to see the journal where he had left it when he fell asleep. He stretched and cracked his back.

The floor wasn't too comfy. Dipper woke about an half hour earlier than everyone else.

During that half hour, Dipper looked into the journal. He found that the words were still crossed out... but why?

Then it hit him. Incantations! In his dream he must've made up some jibberish to 'summon' them in his dream. After the half hour passed, Mabel woke up. Almost identical to Dipper.

After everyone woke up, got dressed and ate breakfast Mabel left to go spend the day with Candi and Grenda. She rushed back in and shut the door shortly afterwards.

"Dipper?"Mabel said anxiously. "Can you come here for a sec?"

Dipper came by the door nervously.

"Look through the spy hole thingy." Mabel said.

When Dipper looked through the glass, there was a giant floating eyeball looking right back at him.

"Oh, no." He said in almost a whisper as he backed away from the door.