Winter Break 2014/2015

As much as I loved UCLA, I was happy to be home with my friends and family for a few weeks. The day after I got home, the girls had planned a girls night, just Casey, Natalie, Aria, and I. The plan was for them to come over to my house so we could have drinks in the jacuzzi, catch up on each others lives, and then watch a movie before going to sleep.

The girls came over around 7:00 and we immediately started making our drinks to sip on in the jacuzzi. We make the same thing every single time. We add frozen strawberries, lime juice, and rum and then blend it until we get the perfect strawberry daiquiri. Once we made them, we headed out to the jacuzzi to catch up.

"Aria you go first. I wanna know what it's like to go to school out of state and how you're liking sorority life," Casey said.

"Alright alright. I thought it was going to be a hard transition, but I absolutely love it. My roommate is great! We get along super well and she was actually the one to convince me to join a sorority. We went through recruitment together, which is this week-long process to decide what house you are going to get put into, and we luckily got into the same one! So the whole semester has pretty much just consisted of school and partying with the girls," Aria explained.

"Any guys? Frat guys you might have your eye on?" Casey asked.

"God no. Well, at least not yet. I haven't found a guy worthy of me yet," Aria said, laughing. "What about you, Natalie? How's life in San Diego?"

"It's nice. UCSD isn't a big party school so I've been focusing a lot on school and water polo. But the cool thing is that if I did want to go out, which I do on occasion, the girls from the water polo team all go to San Diego State University because they always have a ton of parties going on."

"Remember when we ran into each other at the tournament? Did anything come of that guy in the boys polo team?" I asked.

"Lol no that was just a little crush and I got over it real quick when I found out how much of a douchebag he was. I actually met a guy at SDSU though and we have been talking a bit," Natalie admitted, almost hesitantly.

"Well tell us!" Casey, Aria, and I shouted all at once.

"Okay fine. But you guys can't judge me. He's in a frat. That's all I'm saying though, until it becomes more serious."

"Woah Natalie. I didn't take you for liking the frat type. I'm liking this side of you," Aria said.

"Okay okay that's enough. What about you Gigi? How has UCLA been? And your long distance relationship with Colin?" Natalie asked.

I wasn't sure how much I wanted to divulge on the topic of Colin and Halloween specifically. If I told the girls what happened, they would always have this bad idea of Colin in their heads. Kind of like how Aria, Natalie, and I never got close to Brett again after he cheated on Casey.

"UCLA has been amazing! I've been focusing on school and water polo a lot. I've been getting pretty close to the girls on my team so I'm actually really excited to go back again. As for Colin, I didn't see him as much as a I wanted to because we had busy schedules during the fall, but I plan to see him a lot over the break and visit him more when we go back to school," I explained.

"Aww I'm glad that everything is working out with you guys! I can see you guys together for a long time," Natalie responded.

"Thanks! Now it's your turn, Casey."

"Alright. School was amazing. I love UCSB so much and I love all of the girls on my water polo team. I even have a group that has agreed to live together on Del Playa, which is the street right on the ocean and where everyone parties so I'm super excited to go back and get a house next year. But I wanted to wait until tonight to tell you guys that I broke up with Brett," Casey said, looking visibly upset.