December 22, 2018

"Gianna you need to at least try. I can't just sit around and watch you feel sorry for yourself forever," Morgan says when she sees me buried underneath my covers.

Ever since I ended things with Colin I haven't done anything besides go to work and sit alone in my room. I know that I made the right decision to end things, but I also knew that Brooks still wants absolutely nothing to do with me.

"You don't need to watch. You can go hang out with Eli or something," I respond as I pull the covers over my head, trying to cancel out all of the noise. I know that Morgan is just trying to be a good friend, but I don't want that right now. I just want to be alone.

I continue to peacefully lay down by myself, going on and off the edge of sleep. For the past 10 days sleeping has been the only way to keep Brooks off my mind. When I am awake, I am constantly thinking of him. Where is he? What is he doing right now? Did he meet a new girl? Does he think about me as much as I think about him? Eventually I will have to find a way to move on that doesn't involve cutting myself off from the rest of the world, but until then I am just fine hiding out in my room.

Right as I am about to drift off, my body suddenly turns to ice. My warm, cozy state is no longer. I flip over and open my eyes to see the culprit who caused this.

"Get up. Now." Casey commands, holding my bed comforter in her hands.

"Give that back. I'm freezing," I say as I try to reach out to grab it.

Casey throws the comforter out of my room and starts to pull on my arm to get me out of bed. "I have sat by and watched this for long enough. And quite frankly, G, it's pathetic. I would have never expected this from you and I am not going to sit by and let it happen. You have always gone after what you want and this time is not going to be an exception. We are going to his restaurant."

I try to pull out of her grasp, but it's no use. She pulls me into the living room and forces me to sit on the couch. Both Morgan and Casey are standing in front of me, arms crossed, ready for an intervention.

"There is no way that I am going to his restaurant."

They both give me a look that says there is no way that I can get out of this.

"Guys come on. You saw what happened on Halloween. He despises me. Please don't make me do this," I try to explain. I can't do this. I can't embarrass myself in front of him again. I need to accept that we will never be together. It's the only way.

"I didn't see what happened on Halloween. I practically blacked out, remember? But even if it was bad, it's only because he's mad, which means he still cares," Morgan says.

"Plus it has almost been two months since then. Some of those negative feelings towards you must have disappeared. And if he hears from you that you broke up with Colin I bet he would be ecstatic to hear that he has another chance with you!" Casey says, trying to convince me to talk to him and explain the whole situation.

"It has been two months since I last saw him, which also means that he could have found another girl, one that will put him first. Exactly the opposite of what I did."

"You'll never know unless you try," Morgan says with glee, like this is some sort of fairy tale with a happy ending.

And maybe it can be.

Morgan, Casey, and I arrive at the restaurant with a shared goal of talking to Brooks and landing me a second chance. 

"Before we go in we need a game plan," Morgan begins. "We can't walk in and just ask for him. He will never come talk to the three of us together. We are too intimidating."