October 31, 2018

It has been over a month since Colin and I got back together and I have to say that things are going really well. Almost too well. We haven't gotten into a single argument, he has been home almost every single day, only leaving for work for two weekends so far (compared for being gone for months at a time like he used to be), and he fit back into our friend group surprisingly well. Of course, with the exception of Eli. Ei and Brooks are roommates, so once Brooks told Eli everything that happened the night Colin came back, he was not very happy with me. And once he found out that Colin and I got back together, things have gotten even worse. He refuses to come to my apartment, to avoid both Colin and I and to prove his loyalty to Brooks, so Morgan is gone a lot of the time too. I had to know that my love triangle would cause drama in the group, but I didn't think that I would lose Eli as a friend, and with Morgan gone all the time it is starting to feel like I have lost her too. 

Today, Halloween, I am going to try to enjoy the night with our friends and see if Eli can grow to tolerate Colin. The plan is to go out to some of the bars that are decorated for Halloween around LA and hopefully have a stress free night without any problems. At the last bar of the night, there is a couples costume contest and I am hoping that one of us will win. Casey and Connor have decided to dress up as sexy police officers, which they will obviously rock. Casey and Connor are one of the strongest couples out there and with the confidence they both have, they are definitely going to kill their look. James and Eva are going as Barbie and Ken, fitting their personalities so well. They are both perfect specimens so of course they need to dress up as the perfect couple. Eli and Morgan's costume perfectly defines their relationship. Morgan is dressing up as a ring leader and Eli is her lion. She is 100% in charge and Eli will never get enough of her. As for Colin and I, we decided to go for the doctor and nurse combo. It's a bit played out, but we didn't have a ton of time to come up with costumes. Fortunately, Casey's old nurse costume fits me perfectly and Colin looks really good in scrubs. 

As the sun sets and dark sky is light by a full moon, we all start to get ready together. Morgan somehow convinced Eli to get ready at our place so that we could all hit the bars together. When they walk through the door, he doesn't look ecstatic to be here, but a quick nudge in the side from Morgan straightens out his attitude real quick. He suddenly looks happy to be here, even acknowledging Colin's existence.

He extends his hand out to Colin. "Hey man, it's been awhile. What have you been up to?"

I think Colin is a bit surprised to see Eli making such an effort, but he welcomes it. "I'm good, just been working in the office a lot, keeping up with my articles. You?"

"Same old, just going crazy having to deal with these two in the officer every day," he says with sarcasm, rolling his eyes and gesturing towards Morgan and I.

"Oh shut up and start getting ready," Morgan jumps in, grabbing him by the arm and starting on his makeup.

Things are actually going okay. They aren't perfect and there's a bit of tension in the air, but it is way better than I expected. 

About an hour later we are all finished getting our makeup and costumes sorted out. We all stand in front of the bathroom mirror and admire our work. 

"Holy shit guys. We look hot!" Casey exclaims.

She's right, we actually look amazing. I start to think about the costume contest tonight and my competitive side comes out. We have four chances to win this, Connor and Casey, Morgan and Eli, James and Eva, or Colin and I. We better not blow it. 

Before we leave the apartment we all take a few shots. I try my hardest to get everyone to stick to one type of alcohol so that we don't die before we make it to the last bar, but my plan miserably fails. Everyone is way too excited for the night and starts mixing tequila, vodka, rum, and whatever else we have in the pantry. Colin and I stick to just tequila knowing that we will probably have to take care of our friends later.