TEN.

Azlia

We were all sitting around the fire taking in everything thing that's going on.

"Hey, guys. So, like my dads gonna already kill me. So what's this mandatory meeting about?" Pope ask sitting on a log.

John B looks at me and I look at him waiting for an answer.

He shoots guns at JJ with his fingers.

"Might as well tell them, man, before we get gaffed." JJ says.

I stop fiddling with my flower crown and confusion takes over my face.

"You ready for this?" John B ask.

"Yeah." I say in a duh tone.

"So the gold never went down to the Royal Merchant." He confesses. I let out a small sigh.

"Oh, my god. Here we go again." Pope sighs.
"No alright wait. Here him out." JJ defends John B.

"It's been here the whole time. It's on the Island." He confesses. "Are you serious?" Ki ask. "Oh my god." I smile. "I'd like to voice my skepticism." Pope adds. "Okay, what does the even mean?" I ask. He gives me a look and I pout. "I'm sure you would, Pope, but can I present you with my evidence, sir?" John B stands up. "Proceed." Pope says.

John B walk over to a log and stands on it.

"Alright so, in my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny." He takes out a old piece of paper. "Who the hell's that?" Ki ask.

"Denmark Tanny was a slave that survived the Royal Merchant wreck." John B goes around showing all of us the letter.

"Okay, slaves weren't mentioned as crew members on the ship, but my dad he found the complete manifest." He continues on.

He goes on talking about wheat and water and where the gold could be buried.

"Okay so guys, what's the plan?" Pope ask.

"Good question, okay so, Sarah Cameron's coming tonight. She's gonna bring an original survey map-," "Hold on." Ki cuts John B off.

"Sarah. Why Sarah?" She ask.

I look up at John B with a confusing look, even though I knew this was probably gonna happen.

"This is gonna be good." JJ says.

I give him a 'bruh' look and he puts his hand on my thigh as an apology.

"Sarah, um she got me into the archives in Chapel Hill yesterday, and that's where I got the letter." John B says.

"You were in Chapel Hill with Sarah Cameron!" Ki raises her voice. "Oh shit." I softly say.

"He was macking on her." JJ adds.

I quickly look at Pope and he has the same wide eyed expression as I do.

"I wasn't macking." John B defends.

"You were totally macking on her." JJ says.

I bite the inside of my cheeks trying not to laugh.

Now is not the time, Azi.

"I wasn't marking her okay, I was using het for access." John B says.

"There was definitely access." JJ snickers.

"Did you tell her about the treasure?" Ki ask.
We all turn our focus on John B. "I was just trying to get into the archives." He says. "So, that's a yes?" Ki yells. "I left out key details." John B yells back.