FIFTHTEEN.

Azlia

The four of us were all at John B's house waiting for him to come back from his fishing trip.

"John B, pulling a Houdini." JJ says putting his beer down.

"Yeah, where is he?" Pope ask.

Just as he says that John B comes walking around the corner.

"Speak of the devil. Hey!" JJ yells to him. He ignores him and walks into his house.

"What's that all about?" Pope ask.

I get up from my spot and follow John B inside.

He was scrambling through a bunch this around the house.

"B, w-what's going on?" I ask. "You all right man?" Pope ask walking up next to me.

He ignores us and walks over to the couch. He digs around in it and pulls out a gun.

"John B, what do you need a gun for?" JJ walks up to him. "Talk to us."

John B grabs JJ and throws him on the bed.

"John B, chill." Ki yells.

Pope tries to stop him from leaving but John B pushes him.

"John B, what the hell are you doing?" I ask going after him.

He gets on his bike and I yell his name.

"Ward knows about the gold! He killed my dad!" Was the last thing he said before taking off.

"Guys we have to do something!" Ki yells.

"Let's go look for him." Pope says. "We don't know where he's going." JJ says. "That's why we go look for him." Ki snaps.

"Okay, let's go." JJ sighs.

"I'm gonna stay here in case he comes back." I say walking back to the house. "Hey, are you sure?" JJ steps in front of me. "Yeah." I smile.

He pulls me close to him and gives me a hug.

I walk back into John B's house and lay across the couch, waiting.

-

It's been a few hours and John B isn't back yet. Just as I was about to leave I heard the front door open.

"Azi, Pope?" John B calls. "Hello?"

"Did you kill anyone?" I ask. John B quickly turns around and let's out a deep breath.

"No, I didn't kill anyone." He sighs.

He walks into his room and I follow behind him. He grabs a picture of his dad and sits on his bed.

"We should light it." I say standing in the door way. John B slowly nods his while staring at the picture.

"Come on." I say walking out the room.
I grab a small basket and John B grabs the blow torch.

We walk to the dock and set up Big Johns picture. I sit down and he does the same.

I hand him the blow torch and he slowly takes it out of my hand.

John B didn't want to believe his dad was gone and neither did I. Big John was family to me. When my dad died, Big John was the only person I could talk to about it. Him and my dad were best friends at birth too, Just like John B and I.

I let a tear escape my eye before briefly whipping it away.

"Goodbye, uncle John." I sniffle.