chapter 7 🌑

the next morning you were itching to be out of your quarters. you wanted out so bad you called on a knight to retrieve kylo. you paced around your room to pass the ticking time bomb that was your brain. you had been in your room for over twelve hours now and you were beginning to lose your sanity.

after your ninth lap around your bed, a knock sounded on your door, making the velocity of your heart beat soar.

"yes?" you muttered just above a whisper, you felt nervous, but you didn't know why.

the door was opened by a knight, kylo's tall body stepping through the doorframe, bending his neck slightly to make it through.

you waited till the door shut to speak. "kylo, I need out of this room, please let me do something." you pleaded with him. this was not your usual self, but you'd rather sweep the finalizer floors than sit with your own mind any longer.

"and why should I let you out?" he asked you, sarcasm evident in his tone

you took a deep breath, taking two steps forward "I will not be able to stand it in here any longer, I promise you I will make your life hell if you bid me to stay in here alone another hour" you say, trying to keep a cool composure

he ponders you for a moment before he shrugs and walks back to the door. your adrenaline rushed, nervous that he would shut the door and make you stay alone again. just when he reached the handle, he opened it wide, looking at you with beckoning eyes "come, empress" he says, moving his hand out the door.

you could not contain the excitement you felt to be able to leave your room. you hurriedly leaped towards the door, a smile creeping onto your face "thank you, kylo" you say as he moves more out of the way for you to exit.

you walked carefully next to kylo, his long strides making it difficult to keep up, your heels hitting the floor loudly as you kept your chin up high and your hands clasped together tightly in front of you.

as you walked, few men looked your way, ranking their eyes up and down your body. you felt the stares but tried to remain calm and emotionless. the slit on your dress was high; almost high enough to show your hip bone, the corset around your top half being see-through, with tiny diamonds embedded on it. kylo notices the microscopic change in your demeanor, and looks at you momentarily. you can feel his eyes looking at your appearance through his mask, taking in the sight of you.

suddenly he stops walking, making you halt and look at him questioningly. he turns to a group of men who were looking at you, striding in their direction. he picks one up by the neck, whispering something that is inaudible to your ears from where you stood, and throws him down harshly. you gasped at his outburst, ready to tell him off as he walks to stand next to you again.

"let's go" he speaks, his shoulders hunched in anger.

"why did you do that?" you asked him, looking at the unconscious man on the floor. his friends trying desperately to wake him.

"his thoughts, they were so loud" he grunts, putting his hand on the small of your back, pushing you to move forward.

you wondered what could have been so bad that made him go ballistic on that man. but then again, there isn't much that won't make him not do that.

you both reached the meeting room shortly after, two knights opening each door and giving you both a curt nod and saying the usual "emperor and empress ren" greeting.

hux waited until you both were seated before continuing with his lecture. he looked to you and kylo, waiting for permission to speak. kylo granted it with a small nod his way, and he proceeded.