chapter 21 🌓

(thank you for 105k- we hope you enjoy this chapter! -k&m)

the blinding light from above you made you groan as you regained consciousness from your much needed sleep; you throw your left arm over to the other side of the bed- the cold sheets meeting your warm skin. sitting up, you rub your eyes and stretch as you huff; your quarters were silent, meaning kylo had been gone for some time now.

you look down at your lap; your unruly hair falling around your face- curtaining your vision. you think back to how kylo had been treating you- you never got the chance to explain why kael was here in the first place, but you knew kylo would throw a fit if he found out you were enlisting the help of another man instead of himself; but you didn't need him. the last time you had grown the courage to ask him, he shot an arrow of pain through your heart.

you throw your legs from under the covers; dropping your feet to the cold floor beneath you. you make your way to your closet- staring at the abundance of well tailored dresses that surrounded you. you smile to yourself softly; thinking of alice, sitting herself by the large bay window and focusing down on her nimble working hands.

you grab a black floor length dress; the square shoulder pads still stiff from having not been worn yet. you change out of your nightgown and into the newly made dress, slipping your arms into the sleeves that started by your armpit and down to your wrists; a large slit sat on your right thigh; exposing your leg to the cool air around you.

you were adjusting your sleeves as a knock on the front door of your quarters is heard

you were adjusting your sleeves as a knock on the front door of your quarters is heard. you bring your eyebrows together as you go to retrieve the door, opening it just enough so you could see the visitor.

"red empress, general hux requests your presence in the meeting room" a storm trooper informs you, the painted blood mark of their helmet glistens against the lights above.

"very well" you nod to the trooper, leaving the door open as you head into the bathroom; readying yourself and making your appearance more presentable.

when you re-emerge; the trooper waited for you by the door, straightening their back more as you came into view.

"shall we?" you gesture to the outside- the trooper nods to you, lifting their arm to motion you to exit before them.

the trooper walks swiftly in front of you, their blaster held to their chest tightly; as if their life depended on it. the sound of your heels colliding with the marble and the slight squeaking from the new armor adorned on the trooper was the only sound audible to you on your quick walk to the meeting room.

the knights posted outside the room notice you; opening the doors for you to enter. everyone at the table nods to you, some mumbling a greeting as you take your seat to the right of kylo; never once does he look to you.