chapter 12 🌒

(the song for the chapter is linked above! enjoy! -k&m)

you have been in and out of consciousness for the past few days; always having a nurse fill you with more sedation medicine every few hours. you didn't dream of anything while you were asleep, you just saw the gaping black hole that consumed you. a dull ache in your arms would wake you momentarily, before another nurse would shush you and gently push you back onto the bed you lay in.

the medbay was dull; no color seeming to be around except for the depressing black and grey that adorned your room. a small knock was heard on your door as the light shown through your eyelids; regaining slight consciousness.

a doctor walked in; his salt and pepper hair was perfectly pushed back; not one strand out of place. "empress ren, i'm joyed to see you are recovering" he smiles at you, walking to stand to the right of your bed. your head was heavy as you slid your cheek to face him, never giving him validation of you caring about what he had to say.

"we are relived to tell you that your injuries are healing greatly; you should be out of the medbay soon" he looks at his chart, going over the information on it. you hadn't realized there was a shadow in the corner of the room until your eyes fully adjusted to the surroundings. you wanted to vomit; there kylo sat, his calf propped up on his knee, eyes trained on you as you scowled at him.

"she must stay" he says in the direction of the doctor; eyes never leaving you.

"well, that can be arranged, emperor ren" the doctor doesn't even argue with him as he prepares to depart your room.

"i..i do not want to stay" you try to sound stern, but the voice you let out did not sound like your own. you sounded strained, tired, and scratchy. you have been asleep for so long, you had forgotten what your normal voice sounded like.

"well, you are" kylo responds to you, jolting forward in his seat. you do not even acknowledge him as you stay locked on the doctors nervous expression.

your brain starts firing off, the impulses trying to work after being shut off by the medication for so long. you sit up; the feeling of dizziness crashing into you like waves as you tear the needle from your arm harshly; blood seeping down your arm from the sudden movement. you throw the covers off of you and begin to stand before your forehead bumps into something in front of you.

kylo stands like stone; causing you to sit back on the bed and glance at his chest; not wanting to look him in the eyes.

"move" you raise your voice at him, causing him to scoff.

"you are staying here; i cannot risk someone seeing you in this condition" he is looking at your arms; crossing his over his chest in disapproval.

"i don't care! i refuse to sit here any longer, i want to go to my room" you yell, sliding your butt across the bed and out of the pathway kylo was blocking.

kylo grabs the top of your arm before you stand; you snap your fuming eyes to his hand, then his eyes. "if you must leave, you are to stay in my quarters" he says as you regain your footing and yank your arm from his grasp.

"i will not! i want nothing to do with you, murderous snake! " you scream at him moving towards the door that was opening behind the doctor. he scrambles out of your way; not wanting to get in between two force sensitive, enraged people.

just as you made your way to the door, it slams loudly in your face. you let out a cry of frustration; not being strong enough to fight kylo off right now, you squeeze your eyes together tightly before looking at him over your shoulder.

"i will leave, and i will stay as far way from you as i can possibly be. i want nothing to do with you." you grit your teeth, your ego splintering for giving into him.