Sixteen

16.

A week has passed. Its now the 8th of June, and summer has definitely peaked through. Although everything had been a bit chaotic recently, it wasn't until this moment that everything finally seemed to be getting back to normal.

Jack smiles a lot more that he did last week. He concealed himself in his room for a few days but that's understandable due to the issues at hand. The check-ups were going well and he was practically fully healed a side from the sleep deficiency that keeps happening.

Remember when he finally got out of hospital and promised that he would get a lot more sleep, well that didn't go down well with insomnia. He hasn't kept at all while being at Elsa's house. Not wanting to wake her up when he cant sleep seems too selfish of and act for him to do so he lays silent staring at the blue ceiling in his renovated room. The paint smell still hung in the air but it was a calming smell.

It was early in the morning, maybe 7, when Jack decided to get up and make himself something to eat. Knowing that Elsa would most likely still be asleep. He takes a moment to think. Living with Elsa opens a lot of new information like how her be hair in the morning looks s flow like and calm. And how she cant go a morning without a mocha with some hot cocoa mixed in.

Although her days are mostly taken up by her online job, Jacks company only lie with him, the TV, and the cat who is rarely in the house anyway. Netflix shows have become boring and all the hobbies he once loved doing have dwindled away into the procrastination part of his mind.

When he entered the widely open kitchen, he was startled to be met by a tall blonde staring out her window into the wide garden. "Were you ever going to tel me?" She spoke with sadness laced in her voice. When she finally turned to meet his eyes, the clear streaks of water that glistened down her face was now present. She had been crying.

"I don't quite get what your talking about. Are you okay?" He moved over towards her and she didn't make any movement that would indicate her uncomforted.

"You haven't been sleeping. And don't say you have because its clear on your face that you haven't." She placed her hands on his face, looking into the details that gave it away like the bagged and bloodshot eyes. Not to mention how he slowly became a the of sloth as he slowly does thing with less and less energy each day. He just closed his eyes and took a deep breathe.

"Its been about a month since I slept last." He was cut off.

"A MONTH. And I've only just noticed. HOW COULD YOU NOT TELL ME" Although this was necessary. He was too tired to be dealing with this drama. He knew that Els would help him with the sleeping problem but he didn't want to put more stress onto her current stressful days. I mean she's one a lot for him. She paid his medical bills, the house, the funeral and not to mention the fact that they are now living together. Adding on to that list just seemed Selfish.

"Its okay. I'm used to it." He gave her a reassuring smile as he moved past her to pore himself some coffee. She watched as he pored the dark liquid slowly into a cup, his head dropping every now and then as if his body was telling him to relax. Interrupting the conflict was a loud ringing noise.

Elsa picked up the phone to an important client. So she whisper yelled to him before she left. "I will sort this. Its not good for your health if you carry on!"

Her heavy footing echoed on the wood floor followed by the loud thud of the study door. He let go of the deep breath he hadn't realised he was keeping in. 'Damn she's hot when she's angry' he smiled to himself while sipping at his coffee and scrolling through his phone.
———————

About an our or two had passed since the little argument and Elsa was still in her study, the loud shouts of disagreement against her caller were as clear as day as they roared through the house. Jack still wasn't sure what she was going to do to fix his sleeping insomnia. But that thought was cut short by the bang of fists on the door. Not bothering to get up anytime soon, Jack yelled a fitting "come in" from the living room.

By no surprise, the pair of strangely close friends walked in. Merida and Hiccup peaked around the door to witness the Lazy Jack just lying on the coach in an uncomfortable looking position. The curtains were shut and it was weirdly dark. The. Ew pair weren't sure how to take in the sudden scenery.

"Hey. What brings you two here?" Still not bothering to get up, he side glanced towards them before focusing his attention back to the TV. The TV was on low audio as he was trying to watch some Netflix show.

"Well. Elsa called us and told us to come over because she has something to ask us." Merida answered as Hiccup wondered off to the kitchen to grab an apple do to the fact that it was still quite early in the morning and he hadn't had breakfast. He also had the sudden urge to put the kettle on as his magical instincts kicked in.

The room was interrupted by a loud bang again. The study doors slamming open and closed. The kettle pinged to signify it was boiled as Elsa emerged from the corridor. Although Jack was interested by the whole situation, he still had his attention towards his show. Merida on the other hand followed Elsa to the kitchen.

The two examined Elsa as she angrily moved around the kitchen. Grabbing a cup and trying to make herself a calming tea. "What's with her?" Merida whispered to Hiccup but he just shrugged it off.

"She's been on call and screaming for the past two hours." Jack emerged from the living room to answer America's not so quite whisper. All three were now examining Elsa as she sipped her tea by the window. Like she did just a few hours ago. Now the lighting had changed, they could finally see Jacks state. And boy did they cringe at the bags under his eyes. He noticed them staring and continued. "Please don't. I know what I look like."

He wasn't trying to be rude, he was just angry at how everyone was pitying him. Even Elsa has started to pity him.

"Okay. It's a good time now since your all together." Elsa changed the subject as she placed her cup in the sink. Damn she drank that tea fast. Wasn't it hot? When she looked up from the sink, her eyes focused on the three best friends of her life. Those she's only known for a small amount of time but would easily risk her life for them.

"Well its more a question for Hiccup and Merida." She paused as Jack took a seat on a tool and grabbing a banana from the kitchen island.

"Would you two like to move in with us?"

——————————