Seventeen

17.

"Would you two want to move in with us?" Jack stopped eating his banana. Looking at her with confusion in his eyes. Although her house was rather large and easy to get lost in, did she really feel that alone that two more people were needed in the house. She's busy most the time anyway. But then again, she took him in.

"Is that a serious question?" Merida broke the silence. The slight excitement in her eyes when the offer was made. Hiccups eyes looked around the room trying to understand.

"It is. I heard that you live in a tight apartment complex far out of town and its very run down. Also, you've been there for Jack and I throughout this crisis, this is the least I can do as a thanks. Each of you will have a bedroom each with bathrooms. This is a 6 bedroom house so there's plenty of room." She just smiled, laying out all hr key points and causing less confusion in the atmosphere.

"Well I'm down for it, the bed in the apartment consists of 3 pillows and a blanket." Hiccup with quick to give his answer, thinking through everything, it wasn't such a bad idea to have an actual mattress to sleep on as his human form found it extremely hard to relax. Not being able to change back was a hard thing to deal with.

"Do we have to pay for anything?" Merida still had a bunch of questions suffocating her thoughts. But Elsa understood that this was rather fast for a large request.

"Well you might have to chime in with some of the bills but it'd be 70% less than what you pay living in that apartment."She agrees that she would need help with things such as water and gas bills and others involving the house, but if the fur of them helped in the money department it'd be easier than living in a one bedroom apartment.

"Okay well you have me convinced that this is a good idea. Does tomorrow sound good to you. We don't really have much to pack." Merida smiled as she reached her hand out to shake Elsa's as to close the agreement.

"That's perfect." Elsa pulled Merida hand and engulfed her in a hug as she was excited to have them move in. A sudden thought flashed in er head. 'Am I moving too fast?' 

"I guess we'll be going to pack. See you tomorrow." Hiccup shook Jacks hand in disbelief that all this was happening, still expecting Elsa to claim that this was a joke but she never retracted her offer. And for the first time since he'd known her, he witnessed a smile on Merida's face. She's happy.

"Thank you." She said before she closed the door behind her. Following Hiccup down the drive towards the car. As she looked back at the house in excitement, she cheered."Were doing our job right Hicc."
—————

"So their moving in. How exciting." Jack was kind of excited to have another male in the house to talk to. Yes, he loves Elsa, but sometimes he just wants to talk about guy stuff. Things she doesn't really understand. But through all of this, he still doesn't understand how she's going to help him sleep.

"Yeah. I was going to talk to you about it but you seemed stressed enough so I decided to wait. Sorry." She walked in front of Jack as he turned in his stool to have her between his knees. He kissed the top of her head to signify his forgiveness that wasn't really needed.

"No need to be sorry. Its your house. I'm just glad you chose those two instead of someone like Flynn. He can be a handful." They both laughed and continued with their lives. Finally off work, Elsa had time to spend with him, and time she needed to figure out what was wrong with him.

They laid together on the coach and continued the day watching soppy Netflix Dramas until the dreaded early morning had finally turned to night. Although she didn't want to move, Elsa's belly rumble ended to be attended to. Moaning, she got up nd walked to the kitchen ready to prepare some kind of suitable diner.

Jack followed after her like a lost puppy. She just lightly laughed at his needy ness, finding it adorable. Although she hated to be rude she only had one request for Jack. Much needed one in fact. "How about I make dinner while you go for a shower. You haven't had one in weeks and although he didn't smell bad, she only really cared for his health.

"I will agree with you on that. Ill be down in 20 minutes. What we having anyway?" As she looked through the freezer for food she noticed a pack of burgers. Remembering back to the other day she realised she had all the ingredients to make a fat meal.

"Does burger and chips sound good or do you want something healthier?" She looked through the freezer some more to fine anything else but stopped when she heard Jacks laughter. Stupid question. She smiled at him as she began to gather all her ingredients. "Go for that shower. Diner will be ready by the time your done." She knew that he would be lazy and most likely take more than 20 minutes in the shower as well as change so she counted that diner would probably be ready by the time he was done.

"Okay fine." The light footsteps got quieter but stoped before he went round the corner."Ill cook tomorrow night." And with that he continued what he was going to do. She smiled at his words, knowing he was trying to make things right as he feels he got off easy after hospital. She just wants him to feel loved. 
———————-
Diner was amazing. Both characters enjoyed each others company as they talked about random things and of what to do when Merida and Hiccup join the madness. As Jack finished drying the last plate before putting it back in the cupboard, he noticed how quiet Elsa was. When he turned, he noticed that her attention towards a book titled 'Heroes'. A very skinny book that he recalls learning in school.

"Hey its 12. Probably a good time for you too get to bed." He regretted what he said right away. Noticing this, Elsa's attention was flashed to him. Knowing that he wasn't going to sleep unless she put her plan into action.

"Come with me." She placed her bright bookmark at the page she had stopped. Grabbing Jacks hand, she walked up the stairs to his room. "Grab your pillows." Although it confused him, he did as she'd asked and brought out two grey pillows from his room that matched is bed set and walls perfectly.

Once he was done, they both walked up another flight of stairs towards a large door. Elsa's Bedroom. Larger than all other Bedrooms in the house. He was amazed by the size. White walls widened the already large area, filled with wall mirrors as well as a fireplace and bathroom with walk in closet. He didn't believe his eyes. As he took it all in, Elsa had begun to move things off the bed. Space for another body.

"You'll be sleeping NEXT to me tonight. Might help you calm down and actually sleep."Afraid to say no and well not wanting to say no, he put his pillows down and tried to get comfortable. Elsa got changed in her closet to some pyjamas as she got in next to Jack. Laying opposite each other she said.

"You don't have to be uncomfortable. Hopefully knowing that someone's here with you will help ease your mind and leet you sleep. And if anything does happen. Just know you can wake me at anytime. Okay?" She just hoped this plan would work. He nodded in agreement as he closed his eyes. Holding his hand, she hoped that he would sleep, even if it was only for a minute. Because she loved him and just wants him to feel happy again.

—————