Nineteen

19.

A new day had begun. The second official day of the whole house being together. For obvious reasons, Jack now sleeps with Elsa in her bed as that's the only way he can mentally be calm and sleep without issues. Funny enough, Jack also has that effect n Els as the last time she hadn't had a panic attack since the last week of collage and she feels oddly more confident in her self since then. Knowing the list of things that are suppose to happen on this happy Thursday, a text came through saying that her therapy session was cancelled until further notice.

Jack and Elsa laid in bed scrolling through there phones as the heavy snores of Hiccup echoed through the house. Sadly, since the fire, Hiccup had gotten a cold meaning that his already loud snores have practically accelerated in volume to the point where even Elsa and Jack can here them upstairs. Honestly, how does Merida cope.

Do to understanding that Hiccup and Merida are together, Her room doesn't get slept in. Which in a way, is kind of a good thing as the room that she was meant to be staying in was Anna's, who decided to drop in and stay for a while as she had an argument with her boyfriend. Although Elsa hated the idea that Anna was now practically living with Chris and his family, it was for the best under the circumstances. As Elsa was still considered a minor, his parents found it best that she lived with them for a while until Elsa comes of age. Plus the facts of high school were a lot easier in their household and not with Elsa.

But even after all this, she still feels like she's somehow lost her sister the same way she had lost everyone else. But the small drop ins that last days are helping her come to the understanding that this is how it has to be.

"What's wrong?" Jack asked the girl who was looking confused at the words that came up on her screen. While Jack was like any other person scrolling through social media, Elsa was reading one of her scripted books that needed to go through her before even planning on seeding it to her boss before final print. However, the script she was reading began to confuse her too much.

"Nothing!" She sighed, turning off her phone and giving her full attention the the boy next to her, who had the cutest bed hair. "I heard your phone ring earlier, I'm just curious . Who was it?"

"Ah, it was work. They said that I could begin work next Monday but my horses were growing sad and that it'd be best that I pop in soon." He smiled. Jack loved his horses. Although you might find it hard to believe , but he has 3 horses. 1 that's a pure stallion called Red due to his red like coat. You also have Ring who is a Friesian horse that got his name from rubbing rings around Jack when he was a foal. The 3rd horse isn't really classified as a horse for say. However, Jack once saved a mythical Kelpie when he was wounded. The kelpie found it gracious that this boy was capable of seeing him and so decided to stay by him when he was around. He has known it since it was a foal and called it Hybrid due to the fact that the mortals couldn't see it.

"Okay, why is this the first time me hearing that you have horses?!" Elsa sat up, looking down at the calm boy as he continued to scroll through his socials. Elsa has always loved horses although never been up close before. What if she was secretly scared of them.

"Come with me later on. I'll introduce you. Maybe we can even go riding." Jack closed his phone and focused all her attention on the girl that was looking up at him as she cuddled into his chest. As she looked up, he stole a kiss from her lips. This began a kissing frenzy as the two giggled and laughed while Jack kissed her face all over.

"Hey Elsa? There's a woman at the door requesting to see you" Merida's soft yet tired voice was nearly audible. When Elsa got out of bed, she slipped on Jacks Green hoodie and opened the door. A sleepy Merida leaned on the wall as she waited for her to come out. Or for a fact that she was having trouble getting up to move. Greeting her while she walked, Elsa did a weird giggle as she went down stairs, putting her hair up in a messy pony tale to look somewhat presentable.

When she opened the door, a familiar mail woman who held a large bouquet of flowers addressed from Wales. Jacks cousins. And more likely from his mother who was staying there. Large blue roses began spilling out of the bouquet so Elsa quickly went to grab them, only a few fell out.

"Sorry for the inconvenience Elsa but the women with the red hair didn't look quite approachable so she went and got you. Is she alright?" The women explained, concerned for her health. A choke like snore vibrated from upstairs.

"Its quite alright Gale. She's okay, just has a loud snoring boyfriend is all. He's kinda keeping us all up. Thank you for the delivery." Gale was always a joy when she delivered and was always good but short at conversations. It was also the best way to gather gossip. After a quick goodbye, Elsa closed the heavy wooden door.

"Who was it?" Jacks body was visible as he pulled a grey t-shirt over his head. When he finally stuck his head through, he was amazed by the bouquet that Els was struggling to hold in her arms.

"It was the Mail Women. This arrived from your Family in Wales." She replied, placing the flowers down on the dinning table that no one will ever use but is there just in case.

"Bit late of my mother to be sending them. Would rather her give them in person." Jack hugged her from behind as he looked at the oddly bright roses.

"Yeah. Hey, when do you want to go see the horses?" Elsa wanted to change the subject. From time over the past few days since Emma's funeral, Jack was easy to get angry when his mother was brought into the conversation. Angry that she left him in a hospital without a way to pay his bills as well as homeless. Most important, leaving Elsa and some others who knew Emma personally to plan the funeral. Who wouldn't stay to plan their own daughter funeral.

"Ima take a shower and then we can leave, okay?" He kissed the top of her head before he went back upstairs to do as he said. Thus giving her enough time for her to get changed into decent clothing.
————
2o minutes have passed and the pair are ready. As Jack grabs the car keys from the hanger, Elsa assures the 3 who will be left behind that they'd be back later and that all decent food was hidden. That mostly being a warning to Anna as she normally eat everything in the cupboards.

"So we'll be back around 7 ish, if there are any questions, deal with them. I leave Merida in charge." Elsa continued, grabbing her jacket from the stand. And with a final goodbye, she closed the door behind her.

"Why would she leave me in charge." Merida questioned to the air as Anna was already in the Kitchen and Hiccup was in the living room, his sniffing radiating through the household. "Hey Hiccup, do you think its safe us letting them go off on their own?"

"They'll be fine, the stags are there, plus if anything does happen, we'll know straight away." Hiccup was too calm about the situation. Having faith that Hiccup was right, she decided to cuddle with him on the sofa as they watched whatever was relevant on TV. Anna soon joined them with a big spoon and some ice cream. She sat on her own sofa and directed herself as the TV.

After a while, everything seemed fine. Like a normal day. But this is a badly written fantasy, nothings ever normal.

While the light breathing of Hiccup wasn't as light as they'd wished, a red liquid began to poor out off his nose. Believing that this was some kind of problem caused by a cold. Merida thought nothing of it. It wasn't until Hiccup began choking on this blood that she knew that something was wrong.

Something was very wrong...

————————-