Eighteen

18.

Although under the circumstances, Elsa was happy that Jack was comfortable in her presence. Knowing that he was feeling guilty for not being able to help out with his sisters funeral. When she woke up, she was surprised to see him still sleeping next to her. Not an ounce of problem in his state. His light snoring was ever so adorable to her as she noticed that his bags were slowly getting lighter.

Realising it was 10 in the morning, she decided to get out of bed and prepare the rooms for Merida and Hiccup. Knowi ng that they were practically perfect anyway, all she needed to do was open some windows and assure that the bathrooms were cleaned completely. Once everything was perfect to her standard, she began her late breakfast, realising it was now noon. Jack was still fast asleep as he needed as much rest as he could get.

Knocks echoed through the hallway. Gladly finishing what's left of her toast, Elsa rushed to the door, excitement on her face as she opened the door to a couple holding there boxes ready to get on with moving in. They had texted Elsa earlier that they would arrive around this time so she had prepared the some sandwiches.

"Welcome to your new home." She giggled, taking the box out of Merida's hands. Wanting to cause them no hassle, Elsa showed them to their rooms and left them to get settled in. Finding it as important, she requested that thy be a little quieter as she wanted to let Jack rest for as long as he could.

This day was exciting. But also kind of scary. Its only been a month since she's know all these people yet it feels like she's known them for a lifetime. A phone vibration woke her from her thoughts. A call from her work place asking for the numbers of the fictional area as they all got put back wrong by the new intern.

The library of the Town is the most important historical building. For all history as well as nearly a copy of all books, The Library proved useful for all schools and ages and in many ways as well as taking in all police force cases under a high supervision. Nearly all and everyone who lives in the town uses the Library on a daily bases as to use all kinds of technology. Elsa however, only works in the books department as that's what she knows best at doing. Organisation and satisfaction.

She decided to take the call in her study as that's where all the organisation books are. A file filled with every book name, number followed by the genre in which there classed under. After sending the fiction file to the library computer, she decided to retreat for the day. Turing off her phone and deciding to relax, something she doesn't often get to do.

However, it didn't take long for the loudness of the house to erupt. "Elsa????" A loud scream came from upstairs. With a groan, she dragged herself from the sofa and slowly walked up the stairs.  She came to a surprise when she noticed Hiccup hiding behind Merida, who also looked afraid. When she looked down to see what they were so afraid of, she noticed the dark fluff ball. Her Cat.

"Oh yeah. That's my cat Ddraig." She walked towards the creature and picked it up without any issues. The pair of terrified idiots just stared at her blankly. As a creature of bird like fairies, through out the years they've come to hate Cats of all kinds. Only cat like animals they do like are the Catsi.

Jack came down the narrow staircase to the second floor. Still tired as he had just woken up, he whipped his eyes. To the confusion of the scene in front of him. Elsa holding a black cat while Merida and Hiccup stare at her in terror. "What's going on?"

"Urg, see what you've done!" Elsa placed her cat back on the floor as she used her head to gesture towards Jack. Now the pair of terrified faces changed to guilt as they remembered what Elsa said when they walk in. Don't wake Jack. "Well I guess now were all awake, you can help me get dinner ready."

She huffed her shoulders as she lead the group downstairs. Although Jack had just woken up, the energy coming off Elsa scared him awake. As he entered the kitchen, he notice what his beloved girlfriend had laid out on the counter to defrost. There having a Barbecue.
————
Jack and Hiccup monitored the food that was practically charcoal on the barbecue as he did say he was going to d dinner that night and Hiccup liked to watch the fire burn the food. While they were 'cooking' the food, Elsa and Merida sat by the fire pit and enjoyed the burning sent that came from it. The smell of burning pine opened Elsa to the memories of winter when she was a kid. How at a certain time of day, nearly all houses near her had their fires going and how the scent filled the air with a happy aroma.

As the boys declared that the food was ready, an order of cooked meets were presented on a wooden board. Meets from beef burgers to chicken legs as well as skewer kebabs. For obvious reason considering who they really were, Merida and Hiccup went against eating any kind of bird meet, in fear it might anger their ancestors.

As all was going well, the sun setting through the mountains, setting the building a glaze, Elsa realised her emotion and her company and that in all the time they've spent together , Elsa still doesn't know a lot about them. Of course she knows important things that they've talked about of the short amount of time but she doesn't really know where they originated from. Their families.

So throughout the campfire meal, they asked deep and personal question hoping to get an insight into each other's lives. And while laughing at the stories and tales as well as the poor parts of the life, the friend group became more than just a friend group.

They became a Family.

—————-