Chapter 34

There is hardly anyone at the airport, and a Starbucks barista looks excited to see a customer.
"Hi, I would just like this coconut water please," I tell him. The barista nods.
"That will be three dollars," he replies smiling. "Have a nice day Winter!"
I stop in my tracks and look back at him.
"You too,er, Dallas!" I say, reading his name tag. "Well bye!"
I smile as I walk off, I think Dallas liked me. Cute.
The boarding gate was also empty, and the lady at the counter looked tired.
"Name?" She asked me. I notice she has multiple coffee cups.
"Winter Mota, and am I the only person on the plane?" I ask worriedly.
"Oh no, they have all boarded, but you are fine," the lady sweetly tells me. "But the boarding time is twelve fourty-five, so you have fifteen more minutes."
I nod to her and take a seat, and I notice I got a call from Nic. It was a voicemail so I listened to it.
"Hello Winter! My brother Dallas works at a Starbucks at the airport, and I told him to say hi. Dallas wanted to meet you." I hear Nics voice through the phone. "Alright, bye!"
"Flight 23 can load onto their plane now!" A cheerful announcer says over an intercom.
I rush onto the plane, and take my seat. People around me were asleep, and some still didn't even notice my arrival.
"Hey!" I say to a man next to me.
"Hey!" He mimics, "Don't talk to me child."
I just am shocked by the rudeness and decide to take a nap.

"Flight 23 has arrived at its destination, please leave in an orderly fashion," the flight attendant says to us.
I just want to run from that stuffy plane, so I jump over seats and people.
Mom is going to meet me outside if the plane, so I can see her now.
"Mom!!" I scream to her, squeezing her body.
"Hey Winter!" Mom says to me. "Okay let's get home now!" She says hurriedly.