Chapter 18

The next morning I wake up with a wet pillow. The soggy pillow was switched with my clean one.
Nobody is downstairs when I get there, mom left a note on the counter.
Hey Winter,
We just went to pick breakfast up from Starbucks, I will buy you something good. Be back in around an hour, the time I am writing this is 6:34.
-Mom.
They should be back in about 5 minutes. I remember Emeka crying last night, after me yelling at him. I shouldn't have been so hard. Bethany seemed upset as well.
"Whatever," I whisper to myself, settling onto the couch. The garage door opens after I turn my laptop on.
"Good morning Winter!" Mom exclaims, lifting Emeka off the ground. He is chewing on a cookie. "Bethany told me you liked the Eggnog Latte, since it's in season." Mom hands me the latte and a blueberry muffin.
Bethany storms by, and Emeka was still in my mothers arms.
•••••••••
"You didn't have to be so rude last night," Bethany says, sitting at the kitchen table where I am editing a recent video that I randomly made.(Did I mention Winter still made videos for youtube?)
"I-I am sorry. Bethany believe me! I was annoyed and mad and-and SAD!" I yell at the end. She gave me a annoyed glare, and walked off to her room. Emeka was sitting on the floor watching tv, in the next room. I decide to go talk to him.
"Emeka, I really am sorry for what I did last night. Can you forgive me?" I ask.
"Mm-hmm. I love you Winter!" Emeka exclaims, and jumps onto my lap. "I was waiting so we could go Cwistmas shopping, for Befany!" The little boy shouts, then pulls me up and rushes to the door.
"Okay! I will tell Bethany!" I laugh, and tell Beth we are leaving.
•••••••••
"Pull me in the wagon Winter!" Emeka shouts, and I pull the wagon from the garage.
"Let's go to Target first, and then we can get lunch and then we can get a treat." I tell him. The walk is short to get to the Golden Shopping Mall.
We get there soon later, and me and Emeka go into Target.
"I wanna get Bethany clothes!" He shouts, rushing to the women's clothing department.
"Emeka! Let's get her some type of sweater?" I ask, and laugh. He wouldn't know what a sweater is. "Here what about this?" I pull a Marilyn Monroe pink sweater off of the rack. Emeka nods and puts the shirt into the cart.
"I am going to get her a new pair of shoes, so let's go over there," I say, pointing towards the shoe aisle. My brother is in the cart, playing on my iphone.
••••••••
Me and Emeka walk into our house, we walked home after lunch.
Bethany was in the living room, on her phone.
I need to apologize, the ignorance is killing me!
"Beth I-" Bethany jumps up to hug me, and I laugh finally speaking again. "-am sorry."
The rest of the afternoon we talked and laughed, saying how much we missed talking to each other.