6 - Waiting for You to Save Me

5 Years Ago

Justin's hands drop to his sides as he backs away from me long enough to glance at the source of our interruption. I'm so grateful that I could kiss whoever is standing by that door, except I already know that voice and it means I'm in deep shit.

"Why don't you mind your own fucking business, Romano?" Justin snaps, placing a hand on the edge of the doorway and shoving it closed with a rough push. Justin must think he can scare Luca away with his reputation or he simply doesn't know what Luca is capable of; either way he's demonstrating his stupidity again.

Justin turns back to me and opens his mouth as if to speak when the door beside us flies back open, slamming against the wall beside my head. Remaining frozen against my spot on the wall, I opt to stay out of whatever is about to happen between these two. If I were a betting girl, I'd place my money on Justin walking home with less dignity and ego than he arrived with. Although I'm not usually a fan of violence, I secretly hope Luca will fuck up Justin's pretty face and teach him a long overdue lesson.

Luca is furious. I'm not sure if it's a protective thing; more likely than not it's because Justin Toretto has just slammed a door in his face, and he doesn't take kindly to that level of disrespect. Before another word can be spoken, Luca's hands are on Justin's shoulders and he quickly drags him into the hallway with so little effort that Justin's mouth hangs open in surprise.

Justin's face contorts in rage as he swings a quick right jab, hitting Luca square in the jaw. I swear I can feel the impact and I wince as Luca's face jerks left with the force of the blow.

Luca stands his ground and shakes his head, a half grin spreading over his already swelling face. "That all you got, Toretto?"

Justin looked shocked as he nurses his right hand, and before he can reply, Luca has him pinned against the wall with his left hand around his neck, pummeling Justin with his right. Justin has Luca matched in height, both guys standing a couple inches over 6 feet, but Luca definitely holds the bulkier frame of the two, his shoulders and arms wider than Justin's and filled with heavier toned muscle than his counterpart.

Blow after blow I watch with horror as blood and spit fly from Justin's mouth and try my best to drown out the dull thuds and cracks that accompany Justin's gagging noises which fill the hallway. Justin hasn't managed to get in a second hit, and he's limp as a rag doll in Luca's massive grip as his body involuntarily crunches against each calculated punch.

Bile rises in my throat as I watch Luca unleash his full fury, moving his raw fists to Justin's gut. I can only see the back of Luca's shoulders, but from my angle its obvious Justin's eyes are closed and he isn't struggling. Fighting against my own fear and shock, I finally manage to snap out of my terrified silence with a yell.

"Luca, that's enough!"

A small crowd has gathered at the top of the stairwell toward the end of the hallway and Luca glances over at the group who are staring at him, open mouthed expressions of shock painted on their faces. Coming to himself, Luca's grip on his throat releases and Justin falls to the floor with a wheezing cough and a quiet moan, his face red and swollen, right eye bloody and both eyes squeezed shut.

He turns from Justin without another glance and grabs my right arm, pulling me down the hallway toward the group of gawking teenagers. "Luca stop it! Let me go!" I protest, wanting very much to find my friends and drink away the horror I've just witnessed.

He remains silent while dragging me down the stairs, finally ducking into an unoccupied laundry room and shutting the door behind us.

"What the fuck were you thinking, Lily!? First you take off from home and come here drinking with no sober friends to watch out for you. Then I find you all alone with that fucking idiot?"