24) Doctor/Dentist Imagine (5SOS)

Hi loves! Again I'm sorry for the delay, but here is another request from one of my amazing followers who would like to remain anonymous but they know who they are :)

Enjoy!

Bella POV
I shouldn't be scared right? I mean I am an adult for Pete's sake. But I am. I'm absolutely petrified.

For what you may ask. Well I have my yearly checkup at the doctors office and the dentist today. It wasn't as bad last year because I knew who my doctor and dentist were. But this year, I have to switch to an adult office because I'm 18 now.

I've never liked either of the offices but I definitely hated the dentists office worse. All the nerves and fear were making feel as if I had to throw up. The worst part was that I've had pain in my back teeth lately. I debated turning around as the combined offices came into view.

I was driving myself as my mom said she doesn't need to be there anymore. I pulled onto the street and found a parking space, turning the car off.

I've been dreading today for about a month now, the day circled on my calendar like some important day. No matter what everyone said, it was scary and I had no one to comfort me this time. I finally mustered up the courage to get out of my car and walk inside.

I was immediately hit with the smell of bleach that burned my nostrils. Grimacing, I walked up to the check in desk where the lady was smiling brightly. At least one of us is happy to be here.

"Hello how can I help you?"

"Hi, yes I am Bella Hemmings, and I'm here for my doctor and dentist appointment at 3" I say with fake confidence. I was dying inside and no one knew it.

"Ah yes Bella! Dr. Hemmings and Dr. Clifford will be right with you. Please go take a seat while you wait" she informed excitedly.

Wait! Dr. Hemmings?? Oh my god I'm going to kill my mom. My mom was the one to make the appointment and she only told me where to go, not who I was going to!

Luke, or as everyone calls him, Dr. Hemmings, is my brother who's older than me by six years. He became a family care dentist about a year ago and got a job in a clinic. But he never told me the name of the clinic so I never knew where he worked. Not that I really wanted to know, but still.

My mom could've at least told me! Beyond frustrated, I sat in the leather chairs and awaited my fate. A good ten minutes later, my name was called out by a familiar voice.

I looked up and to my horror I was met with my brothers best friend, Calum, who was dressed in scrubs. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans and walked over to him, who was giving me a bright smile. I gave him a weak one in return and we began walking, me following him through the hallways.

I should've known, quite frankly.

"You all work here don't you?" I sighed.

He chuckled in response, "yes we do and you get to see everyone today". I mumbled some stray curses under my breath and followed him into a room.

He was talking about their small group of four, Luke, Ashton, Mikey, and himself. Ash was a dental hygienist for Luke, Mikey was a physician, and Calum was a nurse for Mikey.

They were all great friends with Luke and I used to see them all around the house all the time when they were younger. Naturally, they were my friends as well.

He led me to a white room that contained the usual bed and desk.

"Okay sweets, hop on the scale for me" he said, grabbing the equipment he needed.

Apparently I was seeing Mikey first.

I hoped on the scale, getting my height and weight done, the easy parts.

"I'm just going to give you a little hug on your arm, stay still for me sweetie" Calum instructed, speaking to me like I was a child.

I let him do his stuff, blood pressure, pulse, etc.

"Alright sweets, I'm going to get Mikey and we will finish your checkup. Sound good?" I nodded, letting him leave.

Sure just let me sit in a cold room all alone that's fine, I said in my head.

Not even 5 minutes later, the door opened to reveal Mike and Calum. Mikey gave me a bright smile as Calum suspiciously held something behind his back.

"Hi Bell, it's good to see you again!" I again returned a weak smile as he sat down on his little stool near the desk.

He preceded to ask me multiple questions that a normal doctor would and as the appointment went on, I became more relaxed.

"Bella I really don't want to have to do this but you need your vaccinations before you go off to college." He said sadly.

Wait! What!

"No I don't want to" I argued, knowing this was going to be a long process.

"I'm sorry babe but this has to be done. You can't get out of it this time."

Calum moved to reveal a small tray on the desk that held 2 syringes.

There is no way in hell I'm letting them anywhere near me!

My breathing picked up and my eyes began to water, feeling the anxiety raise in my body. They didn't understand my fear, no one did.

"Sweetheart just let us do all of the work and it'll be done very quickly" Calum reassured, coming over to probably hold me in place.

My guess was correct as he pulled me into a hug, putting his arms over mine and bringing my head into his shoulder.

By this time tears were streaming down my face and I was quietly sniffling and whimpering. I hated how I looked so pathetic in front of them.

"Shh relax sweetie, you're okay" Mikey soothed, rubbing my arm where I was going to get the shots.

Before I knew it, my sleeve was being pulled up and something cold was being wiped on my arm.

"Real quick I promise Bell" Mikey reassured, plunging the syringes in after each other.

I sobbed and cried as I tried to get out of Calum's hold, but it was no use and I slumped into myself as they both whispered encouraging words.

"It's okay Bella, we are all done, you did so good"

"Just relax now sweetie, no more shots"

My cries were reduced to sniffles and I was brought out of Calum's hold.

"Ready to go see your brother now?" Mikey asked, but it was the last thing I wanted to do.

"I guess"

Part 2 is next!!
Vote, comment, share!
Thanks, K❤️