29) ER Doctor Imagine

Hello again! Three requests in one day done wow!! Here is a very unique request from one of my lovely followers, @Meganamus2
Hope you like it!

Some context: when I refer to Dr. Travis, this is who I am referring to:

He is an actual ER doc and his name is Dr

He is an actual ER doc and his name is Dr. Travis Stork

Okay now enjoy!

Megan POV
My stomach hurt so bad today and I didn't know why. I haven't eaten anything I don't usually eat and I don't have any other flu symptoms. Webmd was saying I had cancer but I knew that was wrong, it always is.

I was debating on going to the ER, I don't think I can take any more of this pain. It felt like someone was stabbing me in the gut repeatedly.

On the other hand, I have to go alone since I'm in college and I'm terrified of doctors. Every single time I go to the doctors they are so mean and make everything hurt worse.

At this point I was crying on the bathroom floor because the pain was so bad. All of the nerves and pain combined was a lethal combination. I was seriously considering removing my entire abdomen since it wouldn't stop.

I knew I had to go to the ER to make it stop but I was petrified. I didn't want to go through this alone but there was no one I could take with me. Plus anyone would think I was psycho for letting it go on this long.

Making my decision to suck it up and go to the ER, I pulled myself up off of the ground from a fetal position and stumbled out of my dorm room.

The ten minute drive to the hospital was excruciating and tortuous. I could barley concentrate on driving due to the violent throbbing in my stomach.

Every single time I hit a stupid bump I felt like passing out, which would not have been good since I was driving.

Pulling into a parking spot close to the ER entrance, I stumbled out of my car and yelled help, hoping anyone close could hear me.

"Is someone out there?" I heard a lady yell.

"Yes! Help me please!" I yelled back, collapsing to the ground in sheer exhaustion.

I heard her yell for some other help and then I heard multiple footsteps and a weird rumbling approach.

I looked up to see a gurney, a female nurse and a male in scrubs all looking down on me.

"Help" I croaked out, holding my stomach tightly.

The male crouched near me as the nurse lowered the gurney.

"It's okay, we are here to help you now. My name is Dr. Travis Stork and I am an emergency doctor. You're safe, but we need to get you up on this gurney so I'm going to lift you up okay?" The male reassured.

With a nod, I was pulled up bridal style and placed on a white gurney.

"H-hurts" I mumbled in between sobs, clutching at my abdomen.

"I know sweetheart, I know. We are going to get you some medicine soon. Where does it hurt? Here?" He asked, pointing to where I was grasping.

I merely nodded, scared for my life. Somehow I felt like I could trust this doctor and it scared me to death. He was so nice or maybe it was just I was in so much pain I was accepting anything.

They rolled me through the doors and into a room while shouting things I didn't understand and words that sounded like gibberish.

"Wh-what's going on?" I mumbled, hoping someone would understand me.

"It's okay, we are just going to be running some tests to figure out why you're hurting. What's your name?"

"M-Megan"

"Okay Megan can you tell me if this hurts?" He asked, putting his hands on my stomach and pressing down.

Writhing under his hands, I cried out, "Yes stop please stop please!"

"Okay I'm sorry, shh it's okay I'm done now" he comforted, rubbing my arm.

"We are going to put an IV in okay? Just a little pinch sweetheart and then the pain will lessen I promise"

I nodded, tears still streaming down my face.

"I'm going to press in one more area and you just tell me if it hurts okay? Then I'll be done" he said, looking at me with sympathy.

I nodded once more, shaking due to the nerves and fear.

He pressed on the opposite side of where he did last time and I was grateful when it didn't feel like someone had stabbed me.

"Alright I'm done now. Unfortunately you have an appendicitis, which means your appendix is very close to bursting right now. If we don't get you into surgery immediately, some very bad things will happen to the rest of your body. Do we have your consent to do surgery?" He said seriously, scaring me.

"Surgery?"

"Yes sweetheart. Is there anyone you want us to call for you?"

"Not anyone close enough. You can do the surgery" I sighed, my nerves at an all time high.

"Are you sure? There are risks of course that you should be aware of" he warned.

"Yeah I'm sure, you can do it"

"Okay great. Sheila go ahead and put her to sleep" he said to the nurse next to me.

(AN: I know this isn't accurate but I'm shortening it)

"I know you're scared sweetie but you are in the best hands possible. In a few minutes you will be fast asleep and then when you wake up you'll feel a lot better." He reassured, holding my hand.

I was so glad that he was there to comfort me because the last thing I saw was darkness but it didn't feel so alone.

Thank you Megan for requesting this idea, I really loved writing it because it was so unique. Hope you loved it too!
Vote, comment, share!
Thanks, K❤️