a step into a new tomorrow

~*no pov*~

Richie felt a light vibration fill his body due to his head laying up against the glass window waking him up from the sleep he doesn't remember falling into- light thuds were heard coming from the window of the truck; as richie looked to the side he soon realized it had started raining.

He turned to the other side of him to see his mother driving happily down a quite familiar road. Richie smiled to himself, he knew how rare it was to see his mother this relaxed lately.

The rumours were true, his mother had always wished she had a daughter which caused her to push richie away; tho these past few months Richie has felt a lot closer to his mother then he had been growing up in Derry.

The truck soon passed the "Welcome to Derry, Maine" sign. A wave of fear rushed through Richies body as they passed by familiar buildings.

Richies mind quickly filled itself with doubts. What if mom hates it here? What if we run into unwanted memories? What if her happiness doesn't last? What if she's dropping me off at dads and leaving? What if this is a mistake?

Once again Richies thoughts were cut off by his mothers soft voice.

"Hungry?" Richs mom asked stopping the truck at Judy's diner

"Mhm" richie shook his head lightly at his mother before giving her a soft smile

Authors note: judys diner is a diner in bangor Maine aka Derry

The photo for this chapter was taken by yours truly