Concrete Jungle Where Dreams Are Made Of

You had lived in New York your whole life. Long Island was home, and it was the best place you knew. It had everything you needed, beaches, the best food, great schools, fun nightlife, and not to mention you were a short 30 minute train ride into New York City, one of the best places on Earth. 

Now that you're graduated from college with your Masters degree in Early Childhood Education, you're looking for work as a Nanny. You loved the idea of being a teacher, but something about working 1 on 1 all day with a child and getting to watch them learn and grow seemed more appealing to you. You started feeling discouraged no one would give you a Nannying position right out of college with no actual experience being a full time Nanny, but you picked your head up, printed out 40 resumes and made your way off to the train station.

You parked your car two blocks from the station, making sure it was locked because the area was sketchy and you'd rather get a parking ticket than have your car stripped. The train was at 2:07 and it was currently 2:04, so you had to sprint up the stairs to the platform, just barely making it.

You sat facing the direction the train was going, you hated facing the opposite direction, it made you nauseous. You put your headphones in and listened to Nick Viall's newest Bachelor Podcast, he was recapping last week's episode and ranking all the new girls in the season. Part of you had always wished you were confident enough to go on a show like that, but the utter fear of rejection kept you from doing a lot of things you had wished you could do. The episode was an hour and a half long, so you would be entertained for the entire length of the train ride. 

Once you got off in Queens, you had to take a few buses to Brooklyn Heights. You chose this area specifically because elite rich lived here purposefully to be close to manhattan, but not directly in it. This is where the money was. 

Finally, you hopped off the bus and made your way around the blocks. The tall brownstones framed by various trees took your breath away. Most of Brooklyn got a bad rap, but this area was stunning, you'd wish you could afford to live here. There were parks everywhere and little corner delis, it was mid June now so kids were still in school for another week, but they were just starting to get out for the day when you got off the bus.  They were frantically running around tugging their parents in various directions, trying to go to parks, catch the ice cream truck, or walk with their friends. You loved how innocent they were, and it made you long for your childhood again.

After walking around for about an hour, handing your resume to various parents walking by, or leaving it on random houses stoops, you came across this tall black bricked brownstone. It was gorgeous. It had tall windows up all three floors that allowed so much light to come in. You walked up the stairs and knocked on the door, hoping for an answer. The other houses you had just left your resume on their stoop, but this one you knew you had to speak to someone in person about, and just hope that they had a child and needed a Nanny.

Finally, a beautiful blonde woman with piercing golden brown, almost hazel eyes opened the door. She was tall and skinny and was probably in her late 30's, she was wearing a black t-shirt and loose khaki pants with her hair laying at her shoulders. You were taken aback by how naturally captivating she was. She politely said hi when you hadn't said anything for a few seconds.

"Hi." She said.

"Hi ma'am," you started. "I'm so sorry to bother you, My name is (y/n), I'm a recent college graduate looking for work as a Nanny and I was hoping to pass my resume out to families in case they were in need of my services"

"Oh, great, let me take a look." You handed her your resume, she was already so kind.

"Wow, NYU? Great school. I went to Julliard, if I hadn't studied theater I definitely would've worked with children!" She smiled.

"Julliard? That's amazing! I do not have any talents like that." You gave a soft laugh.

She smiled as she looked over your resume. Suddenly a man came up behind her, he was well over 6 feet, and considering you were only (y/h), he towered over you. He had raven black hair and very prominent facial features. Sharp jaw, sharp cheekbones, and the most strangely-cute big nose. He was so beyond handsome, you were immediately attracted to him.

Oh shit. You thought.