Loss and Gain

It had been 3 months since your attack and you had healed wonderfully. Your due date was only 3 weeks away and you were filled with joy and nerves. Adam hasn't been the same since your attack. He hired 2 armed guards that guarded the house, one during the day and one at night, and escorted you to all your appointments. Most days he was distant, he had taken your attack very heavily and despite the fact you were okay now, he was still tense.

Connor was excited to become a big brother. He'd often sit with you and lay on your belly, talking to his little sister. You felt so lucky that Connor was such a good child. He never complained, he only cried if he got hurt accidentally, and he was so empathetic and sweet. He was all of his dads good characteristics, even though Adam now has become much more hard.

Connor hadn't seen Joanne since your birth announcement, and Joanne hadn't reached out at all, not even to see Connor. You didn't understand how a mother could go that amount of time without speaking to or seeing her child. You'd started to wonder if she felt guilty for what she did, or if Adam had "dealt with her" like he said he was going to do.

You were in the living room with Connor teaching him about different animals when you heard a knock on the front door. Charlie, the day guard, made his way to open it. You heard some indistinct chatter and then finally heard Charlie say,

"Ms, I'm sorry but you need to leave, I have direct orders not to allow you into the home."

"ADAM!" Joanne screamed multiple times, trying to get his attention. Finally, after the fourth or fifth one, Adam appeared down the stairs.

"I told you to stay away from my family and my house, Joanne."

"You cannot keep me from my son, Adam. I'm his mother, I have rights."

"Actually, according to the court, being that you have not made contact with your son for a long period of time, it's considered abandonment, so no, you have no rights to your son. Consider yourself fortunate if I even agree to supervised visits in the future. "

"You're fucked up Adam, you're really fucked up. What happened to you?"

"You happened, Joanne. You split our family then almost got my girlfriend and unborn daughter murdered. So forgive me if I no longer have a soft spot for you."

Part of you liked this version of Adam, he was protective and dominant, it was kind of hot.
Joanne appeared in the entrance to the living room where you and Connor were, she gave you a death glare. Up close, you realized she looked horrible, her hair was disheveled, her clothes were ratty and her face was puffy, like she had been crying for a long time.

"Connor, sweetie, come here, mommy wants to give you a hug, baby." She said in a softer tone.

Connor looked at Joanne for a moment then just continued flipping through his animal book, acting like she wasn't there. You could see Joannes heart shatter in a million pieces, even her son didn't need her. She turned her gaze towards you

"I hope when you're a mother, your daughter does this to you too, so you know exactly how much this hurts."

"Get the fuck out, Joanne, anything that happens to you, you had coming for you a long time ago. Perhaps if you weren't a succubus that drained the joy from people's lives you wouldn't be feeling this way, but now you're feeling what you've done to everyone else, and I could not be happier that you're finally getting what you deserve." You replied harshly, you almost died because of this woman, you could care less about sparing her feelings.

Adam's face lit up behind her, a huge grin on his face because you had said something to her.

Joanne was still standing there, not moving. You looked at her like "what the fuck are you still doing here?" She took notice and walked out, hanging her head like a pathetic child.